Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman on party shuffle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hey all – just wanted to share my nerdy enthusiasm for what I’m doing. I’ve been converting all of my Elfman collection to .mp3 on an external harddrive and listening to the entire lot using iTunes’ party shuffle function. It’s amazing! If anyone ever feels like they need a reminder of why you come back to this msg board, copy over your collection and listen non-stop!

I just went from “Deep Space Launch” from PLANET OF THE APES to the “Main Titles” from DARKMAN. Next up, “Remains of The Day” from THE CORPSE BRIDE and then “Return Message” from MARS ATTACKS!

Ryan

sojuske
    Participant

I do that a lot, but sadly enough, I don’t have many Elfman film scores yet. I’m still trying to get as many as I can get my little hands on though.
    But Boingo and the few scores I -do- have permeate my music list to practically taking out every other band or film composer I do have.

elfmanguy
    Participant

i always put him on shuffle on my ipod! Cant listen to it all in a day though! Its over like 300 songs just on elfman alone!

Thor
    Participant

I don’t have an ipod, so I wouldn’t be able to do this even if I wanted to. But I can understand how this allows one to “re-discover” Elfman or at least experience his music in a completely new way. I have often gone through my Elfman collection (on CD) chronologically, through all the style changes. But to be, say, thrown from DOLORES CLAIBORNE to PURE LUCK would be an entertaining punch in the face.

Weepy Donut
    Participant

Call me a pirate… But honestly, should I feel guilty about owning like 98% of everything Elfman’s ever written?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Actually, you should rephrase that to everything ever released. I’m posotive he’s got way more stuff packed away than he’s got released.

elfmanguy
    Participant

Are you kidding? i hate you for that!

Weepy Donut
    Participant

Elfmanguy…
    Give me the address. I’ll send the check tonight.
    When I said pirate, I was taking about digging for the files RELEASED, but RARE and could never get my hands on. I’ve spent more money on Elfman than I can count. Not that I need to prove anything to anybody but if it means anything, I know I’ve paid my dues.
    God, the amount of re-purchases I’ve made due to a careless youth of misplacing, scratching, and listening to CD’s until they actually DIE, I could be living very large right now.
    I’m an honorable pirate. A dying breed, but we do exist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.