Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman’s iTunes Celebrity Playlist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BLD379
    Participant

Did anyone happen to notice that, as a Halloween treat, Danny’s iTunes Celebrity Playlist came out this week? There are two, actually, entitled “Halloween” and “Classical.” The tracklists are as follows, although it’s cool to see what he has to say about each one by visiting the site.

Halloween
    1. Minnie the Moocher – Cab Calloway
    2. St. James Infirmary – Cab Calloway
    3. The Old Man of the Mountain – Cab Calloway
    4. The Creation of the Female Monster – Franz Waxman
    5. Prelude & Outer Space – Bernard Herrmann
    6. Prelude from “Psycho” – Bernard Herrmann
    7. Prelude/Nightmare from “Vertigo” – Bernard Herrmann
    8. Cape Fear – Bernard Herrmann
    9. Ave Satani from “The Omen” – Jerry Goldsmith
    10. The Beginning from “Dracula” – Wojciech Kilar
    11. Finale from “The Living Doll” – Bernard Herrmann

Classical
    1. String Quarter no. 8 in C Minor – Dmitri Shostakovich
    2. Jazz Suite no. 2: Waltz no. 2 – Dmitri Shostakovich
    3. Piano Concerto no. 3 – Sergei Prokofiev
    4. Romeo & Juliet: Dance of the Knights – Sergei Prokofiev
    5. Lieutenant Kije Suite: Romance – Sergei Prokofiev
    6. The Rite of Spring – Igor Stravinsky
    7. Serra Pelada from “Powaqqatsi” – Philip Glass
    8. Black & Tan Fantasy – Duke Ellington
    9. The Mooch – Duke Ellington
    10. Prelude from “Psycho” – Bernard Herrmann
    11. La Dolce Vita – Nino Rota

Thor
    Participant

Link?

KWashi
    Participant

That was pretty interesting! I don’t think there has been too many film composers that have had a celebrity playlist. Additionally, TNBCSE was #10 on the top selling iTunes recently.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I thought you’d probably have to log into the U.S. iTunes store to see the playlist, but shockingly there’s also an entry in the Canadian store.

Here’s a link to the U.S. store entry:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=203118622&s=143441&wm=1

And a link to the Canadian store entry:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=200398469&s=143455&wm=1

If you want to find the Essentials entry in your local iTunes, just open up the program, load the store and search “Danny Elfman”. If it’s available where you are it will show up in the search results as “Essentials”.

Ryan

Anonymous
    Inactive

I completely missed that. Oddly enough, on Halloween I spent an ungodly amount of time looking for some spooky tunes. Thank you so much for the heads-up!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

So where’s the link to what he has to say about each of the tunez?

Interesting playlist. I’ll have to listen to each and every one of the tracks listed, now.

Thor
    Participant

Doesn’t show up here (from Norway). Anyone care to copy and paste what he says about the various tunes?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Thor, you can still preview and read the content on any iTunes site, none of which can be copied and pasted. Follow the link to the U.S. store instead.

Ryan

Anonymous
    Inactive

or has anyone else noticed that while on the classical list elfman talks about the dance of the knights track from romeo and juliet as his #5, that track isn’t even on the actual play list? the tracks-for-sale go straight from prokofiev’s piano concerto to lieutenant kije… and it’s a bummer, because i love what elfman has to say about the romeo and juliet piece:

“This is one of those really big melodies that gets right in under your skin. It literally makes me want to stomp around the room swinging a huge sword chopping off a few heads! I’d give my left nut to be able to write something like this for a film one day before I die. Seriously.”

now i gotta go hunt down that bit….

Thor
    Participant

Yeah, I did that, but when I typed in “danny elfman” in the small search box on the left side, all I got were some Elfman albums that I could listen to in the itunes store. No “Essentials”, as you called it. No list of any kind. No nothing. Maybe I’m just being stupid here, but I sure as hell can’t find it.

evilducky77
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2JSJ6T-_LQ

the Old Man of the Mountain!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Thor, I linked directly to the Essentials list on the U.S. store in my first post in this thread. Anyone in the world can click on that and view the list.

Ryan

Monsterhead
    Participant

WOW!!

Great to see that me and the Elfman have the same music library!!

Natrebo
    Participant

“Anyone in the world can click on that and view the list.”

How about if your running Window’s 98? You have to have iTunes which isn’t available to Window 98 users.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

All that does is direct me to the itunes homepage.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

If you’re still using Windows 98 then not having iTunes is the least of your worries!

Thor
    Participant

That link you gave just takes me/directs me to the iTunes homepage.

And no, I’m not using Windows 98, but Windows XP. And YES, I do have iTunes installed (although not the latest 7.0 version).

gaba
    Participant

Same here, unfortunately. All I get is the homepage. Ah, well.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.