Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Fable

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SleepyHello
    Participant

Well, I bought it. I even bought an X-Box just so I could play it.

After playing it, I wouldn’t say it was worth the 200 dollars I spent, but it’s really good anyway.

The theme works really well with the intro sequence, although I’ll admit that the intro sequence itself is very less-than-stellar. Throughout the game you hear snippits of the theme (one particular part moreso than any other), but other than that I would actually say the in-game music which Danny didn’t score is actually very good, and in a way very Elfman-esque. You can hear a lot of influence from Batman Returns and Beetlejuice at times, and the atmosphere and scenery of the game itself with the music actually at times makes you feel like you’re inside a world created by Tim Burton.

The theme that you guys have already heard is pretty much the extent of Danny’s involvment with the game, but many of the motifs and themes used in his main titles reoccur throughout. The game could be better, but that’s another issue that doesn’t really need to be discussed here.

Basically, don’t buy it for the main theme, but buy it if you already own an X-Box.

Norbeone
    Participant

cant believe u bought an xbox and the game just to hear a bit of danny’s music

mightymuppet
    Participant

Nice game, nice music..I’ve already recorded it from my xbox to my pc so i can listen at will.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hey, would you mind puting up an mp3 so we can hear it?

D-Bo
    Participant

Yeah, please? I know one has already been posted, but it had a very noticeable error toward the end, and it wasn’t very good quality, anyways.

mightymuppet
    Participant

I put it here http://www.geocities.com/maddude286/Fable.zip

It only seems to let you download it from there at random times throughout the day(must be a quota thing)..If it doesn’t work try it later as it’ll work in the end.

I tested it yesterday and i managed to get it to download about 3 times over a 3 hour period..I couldn’t find any other good free sites that support mp3 hosting.

SleepyHello
    Participant

I didn’t. I bought it so I could play the game.

D-Bo
    Participant

Hey, mighty, here’s a “mirror” that’s a little more stable:

http://portfolio.iu.edu/dbohanno/Music/Fable_Main_Theme.zip

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The sound quality is very nice. It’s good to hear it in it’s entirety with no chops to other parts. It definitely has elements from Spider-Man, Hulk, and Edward Scissorhands within it. Overall, it’s a really fun and haunting score that should hold us over until Charlie and Coprse Bride come out.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

THANK YOU! :) :)

It sounds like a bunch of his styles – Mars Attacks, Sleepy Hollow, The Hulk, Spiderman, Planet of the Apes, and a tad bit of Novocaine.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

“[The Fable Theme] should hold us over until Charlie and Coprse Bride come out.”

Well, no, sadly (it’s a long time ’till Charlie), but it’s a great cue, nevertheless. Sounds a bit like StarGate, oddly.

I love how Elfman mixes his old sensibilities with his new, most notably, the old-Burton macabre flourishes. “Everything that was old is now new again.”

mightymuppet
    Participant

Great stuff….I’m glad everyone likes the music.

Anonymous

True don’t but the Xbox for Fable. I don’t mean to sound like a pathetic Xbox fan (which I am not), but an Xbox for more than just that.

There are other games with wonderful soundtracks and gameplay out there. ie. Halo, Halo 2(on Nov 9th), Steel Battalion has some great moments, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and many others. You just have to look for more than just one game.

Even if it is with some composer you really enjoy.

Anonymous

How did you transfer it onto your xbox from the game?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.