Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Fifty Shades of Grey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Lambegue
    Participant

That’s a possibility…
    Plus, I just realised that the track lenghts don’t correspond to what was announced before

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I saw those tracks, even posted them here, but I don’t believe they’re legitimate. Why?

– The video thumbs have the Vevo logo in them — but if you watch the videos the logo is not in the video
    – The uploader is who again?
    – Music sounds nothing like Danny Elfman
    – Track lengths don’t match

Ryan

DannyBiker
    Participant

That first track…I’m with ddddeeee on this, I don’t buy it.

Lambegue
    Participant

I think I got excied to quickly with this, you re probably right guys..

ddddeeee
    Participant

The album art is now on Amazon.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Ellen name-drops Elfman.

Lambegue
    Participant

Rather nice cover art….

ddddeeee
    Participant

A track plays on this website. Definitely Danny.

http://www.christiangreysapartment.com

And more

boingomusic
    Participant

My favourite online cd shop in Switzerland offers samples ; )

http://www.cede.ch/de/music/?branch_sub=1&view=detail&id=1221764&branch=1

boingomusic
    Participant

It’s really nice to hear a mix of typical Elfman harmonies, with more pop and modern Rythms and vibe.
    I’m really excited to hear this now.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Lovely! Wonder what the context for ‘Bliss’ is…

DannyBiker
    Participant

It sounds interesting. Reminiscent of The Next Three Days although a bit more engaging. However, it’s really not my favourite kind of Elfman score : they work well with the film (and that’s the most important) but they can be really dull on their own.

Edit : yeah you beat me to it dddderee, ‘Bliss’ is something really new for Elfman (or is it based on classical work ?). I’m also wondering what it depicts but I’m afraid I’m going to be disappointed. Not that I was going to watch the film…

Lambegue
    Participant

Yes, “Biss” is quite intriguing. For the rest, it’s rather classical Elfman, but the main theme seems very beautiful (if it is what we hear in the first sample), and the whole thing still fresh although familiar. Looking forward to it. And I think I’ll see the movie, only to know how the score works in it.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Really like that last track. I love when Elfman does these variations for the end of his albums like MEN IN BLACK 2, APES, etc.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yes he tended to do that a lot back when scoring the end credits was a thing…

Lambegue
    Participant

End credits and opening credits music is getting less and less frequent…What a shame.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Tell me about it. Even Burton isn’t much into Opening Credits nowadays. I mean, it’s not like it’s mandatory, it should always serve a purpose but still, I can’t remember that last time I’ve actually seen an opening credits sequence worth mentioning.

And for the End Credits, every movie gets a song now, even Big Eyes. When you only get 2 or 3 possible minutes of score after a song, it’s normal that you’re not going to put a lot of efforts in it and just re-use a cue from the film. It’s a shame because I think Elfman’s End Credits are as good as his Main Titles (if not better)…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I loved the main titles to Oz. Burton’s have been more narrative based lately.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Sam Taylor-Johnson has said she’s directing the sequel. New franchise for Danny?

Lambegue
    Participant

Would be great (well, in fact we don’t even know if “Fifty shades of Grey” is really going to be good, but the samples makes me hope a lot…)

ddddeeee
    Participant

Track times and different samples on the site posted on the previous page.

Lambegue
    Participant

I saw the movie today (it’s out in France) : not so much score in it, considering the album is 45 minutes long, I think the great majority of the music will be on it. I won’t talk a lot about the movie itself – it isn’t good, to say the least – but the music is excellent : I definitely love the main theme, and the score presents a lot of variations on it. The music is always quite subtle, sometimes difficult to catch in the movie, with the exception of “Bliss”, as beautiful as the sample promised.
    It is for the lovers of subtle Elfman : it made me think of scores such as “Milk” or a bit “Promised Land”, or even some parts of “Silver Linings Playbook”…I’m impatient to hear it on album, and truly hoping Elfman will do the following movies.

ddddeeee
    Participant

DannyBiker
    Participant

Thank you the Internet for allowing to see those featurettes that were once limited to the DVDs…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Hmm, I liked the movie. It’s slick and surprisingly funny.

The score only really becomes prominent near the end. A lot of tracks don’t appear in the movie at all which I expected but I thought ‘Ana and Christian’ would make an appearance. ‘Bliss’ lives up to its title, highlight of the score in the movie.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.