Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion FOB re-record ‘Simpsons’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Unless you know someone who used to be 12 and liked FALL OUT BOY years ago, and is not 15 and thinks FOB sucks, you might not care, but for the sake of reporting the news…

“Fall Out Boy have re-recorded the theme song for “The Simpsons.”

Fans can hear the band’s version during the end credits of the show’s mid-season premiere tomorrow (Sunday).

As usual, the original theme by Danny Elfman will play during the opening credits.

The band, which takes its name from Radioactive Man’s sidekick on the show, spoke about their reasons for tackling Elfman’s song in an interview on the Fox website.

“The theme obviously mattered, and it didn’t just matter because it was the theme song to a good show, but it also was something that was very groundbreaking and very cool,” said singer/guitarist Patrick Stump, calling Elfman’s tune “timeless.”

“I know for me, my sense of humour and the way I perceive humour and the way I perceive a lot of things is based around growing up watching ‘The Simpsons,’ added guitarist Joe Trohman. “So being a part of this, for me, is legendary.”

Thor
    Participant

They are really big Elfman fans, those boys!

Nick Parker
    Participant

As a 15 year old, I take blatant offense to your generalization that all 15 year old boys love Fall Out Boy. I demand an apology, sir! (Currently listening to “Woe, The Darkman…Woe”)

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

What’s with the recent onslaught of horrendous contemporary bands that re-record Elfman’s music?!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I said “girls” Nick. Unless you are such a FOB fan that your personal style has rendered your gender undeterminable! ;)

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

LOL!

Nick Parker
    Participant

Oh…uh… I think “Darkman” is really good, how do you people like it?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Darkman is great! FOB should re-record it. ;)

Nick Parker
    Participant

I can imagine their take on “Rage/ Peppy Science” right now. Yeesh. By the way, I just saw the film. Would someone be angry if I said the score was the best part of the film?

gordonblu
    Participant

It’s a great film, back before Raimi went hollywood on us, but I agree the score is the best part of the film and hat says a lot for the score! It’ll never happen but I wish someone would release an expanded score for this film. the CD is just too short!

Nick Parker
    Participant

I am actually content with this album. From my recollections, there was not too much from the score that was not present on the album, and some of the score seemed to be…is filler the word to use? If I remember reading the credits correctly, Jonathan Sheffer (that is the conductor for “Batman Reurns”, yes?) wrote some music for the helicopter sequence, and I am glad that is not on the album. So, to summarize: there are better Danny Elfman scores to release in expanded form.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

LOVE the movie — one of my favorites of all-time. Really nailed the psychological aspect of a “hero” and his act of vengeance.

The score is simply brilliant, and with all the additional extras, probably wouldn’t run longer than an hour — but there IS some great stuff missing, particularly the opening scene where Durant’s gang arrives at Eddie Black’s warehouse. Great cue!!

Nick Parker
    Participant

I felt the film was at its worst when it came to action. I think it was at its best when it focused on Darkman and his scarred persona. Sam Raimi and (especially) Danny Elfman really made you feel sorry for Liam Neeson.

elfboy91
    Participant

Lol…

I really love how this went from FOB and The Simpsons -to- Darkman… I think that’s really funny…. anyone else agree this article deserves some ADD medication… or at least a title change?

Nick Parker
    Participant

I was actually thinking about that…. I guess there are only so many things to say about a piece of news that is apparently not too interesting. I love discussing films and scores that were made years before I was born, too, to see what people who have lived with (in this case, “Darkman”) for over 15 years think. I apologize for straying off-topic. I do not wish to start fifteen Threads for the films and scores that I wish to discuss, though… I do not think this Board needs excessive clogging….

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I like discussions that stray off topic. Keeps things interesting.

Nick Parker
    Participant

I will feel more comforatble if Ryan Keaveney echoes that sentiment….

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Nick – you are free to post whatever you like. Start a DARKMAN thread for instance! When the new version of the site launches you’ll be able to post comments on each page. So for ex. you could post your thoughts on DARKMAN and hopefully other folks would join in. I imagine it’ll be a great way to start up specific conversations — and a headache for me to admin!

Nick Parker
    Participant

If you insist….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.