Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Frankenweenie’ stop-action remake

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I hate linking here… But…

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34238

Lucius
    Participant

I was just about to post that too! Damn you for beating me to the punch Ryan! Damn, 3 hour time difference. I soooooooo hope this comes to fruition. I do love the original (that casting of the fat old woman is genius beyond belief. “He tried to eat my Raymond!”) but it’ll be great to see it revamped, ‘Vincent ‘style and with an Elfman score! Please don’t tell this fall through the cracks like Ripley’s did, I beg you God.

Lucius

DannyBiker
    Participant

I really really hope this is just one of those internet rumours. This would be a complete waste of time. My opinion is that an artist should always go forward…

Donnie_Darko88
    Participant

I agree to an extent, but I think this is one of those rare cases where a new version is a great idea for the fact that the original short is known mostly only to Tim Burton fans so the idea to make a feature length stop-motion for a wider audience to see will not only mean that this great story will now be seen by a far greater amount of people but it might even get people to check out the original short who might not have heard of it before.

Among a bevy of surprise guests at today’s D23 Expo presentation, Tim Burton offered attendees a look at the 3D teaser for Alice in Wonderland (the same version currently available online) and confirmed that he’ll be following it up with Frankenweenie, a full stop-motion adaptation of his original live-action short film that tells the story of a dog brought back to life by a mad scientist kid. Also confirmed was a 2011 release date.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Hm, Tintin and Frankenweenie in the same year…sounds good to me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.