Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Halloween playlist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I made an earlier post about what I should be for Halloween. Now, I need some help compiling a Halloween song playlist. See, I’m the editor of my school newspaper an we’re hosting a pumpkin carving contest. My faculty advisor said that I should make a playlist on my MP3 player to play during the event. Where else do I go to figure out what to put on the playlist? Why not my fellow Elfmanites at our secret cave? So yeah, I’d like to see what you all have to come up with for a Halloween song playlist. It must have some tracks Beetlejuice and Slepy Hollow on it, but otherwise, knock yourselves out!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Stuff by Boingo such as Dead Man’s Party, Just Another Day … Insanity.

JS
    Participant

You can take something from The Nightmare Before Christmas

Anonymous

no one lives forewer. from dea man’s party disc

D-Bo
    Participant

OK, here’s some definite ones:
    Almost anything from “The Frighteners”
    Probably stuff from “Beetlejuice,” but I myself haven’t heard anything except the Main Titles and End Titles
    “Nightbreed” End Titles
    “Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Jar”
    “Tales from the Crypt”
    “Scrooged” Elliot Gives Blood, Walter Ablaze, Asylum
    “To Die For” Main Titles
    “Dead Presidents” Main Titles, Nam
    “Shrunken Heads” Main Titles
    “The Nightmare Before Christmas” This Is Halloween
    “Psycho” Psycho Theme

And some maybe’s:
    “Army of Darkness” March of the Dead
    “Edward Scissorhands” Castle on the Hill
    Some stuff from “Red Dragon” and “Sleepy Hollow” that I haven’t figured out yet.
    “Spider-Man 2” Angry Arms/Rebuilding

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Sisters — Herrmann
    Cape Fear — Herrmann
    Red Dragon, Sleepy Hollow — Elfman (Duh…)

Anonymous

Tender Lumplings from the “Boingo” album would make a great transition! There are some great “action” cues form the Edward Scissorhands Soundtrack that sometimes are overlooked at Halloween time. Throw in some Pee-wees Big Adventure cues as well. I know people who are still frightened of the “Hermanneque” stolen bicycle scene, and the freaky shopping mall clown. As a fan of the Batman Sound track I love “Descent into Mystery” I enjoy listening to the opening titles to Dead Presidents around Halloween time. Deloris Claybourne is an album which reminds me of fall. If you are making any announcement or giving directions during the event, there are some great cues there to “underscore” while someone is talking. This is a great subtle effect when anyone starts talking on the mic. It helps create a through line, rather than “stop” the event…it carries the mood until you’ve moved on to the next event, or selection of music. Often over looked are the slow sad songs which Elfman is a master of. I find while decorating my home at Halloween, playing this type of music, combined with a little fog effect and lighting in pools of light. Using these music cues happens to be scarier to both children and adults as the walk up to my front entry. And for you daring dark composers out there this is a great time to test you own works. Everyyear I write new music to celebrate with. I usually have a few friends help out passing out candy. They move slowly out of the shadows. No mater what type of Halloween event you are hosting…give people the time to “Zone” and get into the moment and even your most skeptical sarcastic trick or treater will drop some “tender lumplings of their own.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.