Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Hallowen is coming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Even though it’s mid-September, it’s time to begin thinking of Halloween. I’m just going to go ahead and say that it’s Elfman-related because Halloween is a staple Elfman/Burton holiday that EVERYONE HERE SHOULD LOVE!

For some reason, every year I want to be something for Halloween that isn’t available as a costume. Last year I made a futile attempt to be Silent Bob. This year, I even picked out several ideas but can’t find a costume for any. If anyone can refer me to a site that sells either Family Guy or Doc Ock costumes, please post or e-mail me the link. If I must, I’ll create my own costume for Peter Griffin (of Family Guy if you’re lkiving in a hole). Making my own Doc Ock costume would be too costly, as I would need the coat, glasses, and hat, which are each expensive on their own. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Anonymous

I’m no Mr. Miagi, but here are some thoughts on The Doc Ock costume. It might be cheaper to make than you think. Take a trip to a home improvement center like Home Depot or Lowe’s and look for some great materials there. (Its a very inspiring place for filmmakers to visit, and musicians alike for some unique inspiration) I think the tenticles can be made from flexible pvc. Such as the tubing you find around pool filters, or drain tile. There is paint made especially for painting plastic so it doesn’t peel off or scratch easy. Then you can use regular paint over that after it dries. You will probably want this costume to be light if your wearing all night. Think about using rendering board or foam core for the claws. Look at some photos of the costumes to get the colors and embellishments right. Remember it doesn’t really have to work. Wrap an “army green” sheet around your waist. …And your Doc Ock just out of the Operating Room!! No need to shell out the extra dough for glasses and the heavy trench coat. Don’t foget the inhibitor chip to help protect you higher brain functions.

Anonymous

I was Jack Skellington last year. gonna be Ed wood this year.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

That reminds me. I was looking through a Halloween edition of a Johnson Smith “Things You Never Knew Existed” catalog and came across Jack and Sally costumes. The Jack one said “Jack Skellington,” and the Sally one said “SALLY SKELLINGTON”!!! Sally has not yet married Jack, has she? Silly catalog…

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, PHIL. I like the idea of tubing for the tentacles and foam for the claws, but I’d rather have the coat and hat and glasses without the tentacles than fresh outta-hospital Doc Ock. I’ve also thought about these things for Family Guy: either making a Stewie Griffin mask and wearing red overalls over a yellow shirt; or getting a white polo shirt, brown corduroys, a belt with a big shiny buckle, and a set of glasses to be Peter Griffin.

But I don’t wanna make this all about me. I’d like to hear what everyone else plans on doing for Halloween.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I’m going to be Danny Elfman this year. EVERYONE will recognize me! :)

beth
    Participant

For those of us actually living in a hole, what’s family guy?
    Oh, nevermind, guess I could google it if I wanted to “catch up,” mostly I just wanted to post on the new board.

I’m going as Lady Macbeth. Cool, old victorian dress, fake blood on my hands. I’m going to leave red hand prints everywhere I go. Yeah, it’s probably been done before, but that’s as creative as I get these days.

out, out damn spot!
    -beth

Anonymous

Don’t forget you could always be a TENDER LUMPLING!

Anonymous

Hey, those are great ideas for a Doc Ock costume! I’m hunting for one, too…only I’m trying to find one for a five-year-old. He is obsessed with spiderman, and has been spiderman for Halloween the past two years. This morning he asked if he could be Doc Ock and I said SURE! I was just thrilled he’d be something different! An hour later, after surfing the net, I hope I didn’t promise him the impossible. I thought about using that silver tubing from Lowes for the tentacles, but putting eight of them on a five-year-old would tip him over backwards! LOL Any ideas how to scale it down for a small guy? He has two toy tentacle arms that grab that he can use with his hands, so I guess I would just need to attach six more to the coat. somehow.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Kristen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.