Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion I’m not gloating!… I promise.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Weepy Donut
    Participant

Hello all from Long Island…

Last February when I was fourtunate enough to witness Elfman’s “Serenada” at Carnige Hall, I was forced to never again take my home town for granted. To be able to easily take the train to such an event was, I recently realized, an oppertunity not to be missed. The performance was absolutely incredible; a moment I can never forget even if I tried. I can still hear the duel piano movement in my head. WOW… such a whimsical yet dark piece where, although suprisingly not typical “elfmanesque”, it cannot be mistaken for something that sprouted from Elfman’s veins. Now that the composition will be released very soon, I can only regret the hours I spent after the performance to get my hands on a copy of the hall’s recording… I figured it was worth a shot being I was there not only for myself, but on behalf of my school newspaper.
    I’m wondering if anyone else can share their experience or better yet… Has anyone even travled from out of state to be “serenaded?”

P.S.
    To Weepy Donuts (plural)…. I didn’t realize someone else had this name.
    My apologies in thinking nobody else had it. hehe.

Wait…the hall made a recording??!! GODDAMMIT!!! I saw the show as well, FREAKIN INCREDIBLE!!! But i had no idea that the hall made a recording of it

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, actually, the Hall made NO RECORDING of the performance, but some people have actually recorded parts of it. Of course, it wasn’t legal, and of course, the sound quality isn’t fantastic.
    I did not go to the concert, and I’m dying to hear what this piece sounds like.
    The only samples I’ve heard are on this ELFMAN ZONE web site :

http://www.bluntinstrument.org.uk/elfman/filmography/serenada/index.html

The “I forget” sample is…. WOW… there are no words!!!!

Eric

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

No need to fret. A full studio (STUDIO!!!!!) release is on its way. YAYAYAY!!!!!

Danny Burton
    Participant

Good heavens, I was not prepared for that!

I hadn’t gone to Blunt’s site in quite a while so I didn’t know he had those clips up.

MUST. HAVE. ALBUM. NOW!!!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

No need to fret. A full studio (STUDIO!!!!!) release is on its way.

How soon?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I have no idea. I’m eagerly awaiting new news. I think the IMAX feature in which his piece is featured in comes out in February, so hopefully around that time or sooner.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh. My. Frigging. God.

I am in tears right now!!

I want it.
    I want it NOW!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.