Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Is Danny Elfman plagiarize

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JS
    Participant

Is Danny Elfman plagiarize, i hope not.
    i just apologize that he copy the Riddler theme from Batman Forever for Mars Attack theme here is facts:
    Batman Forever was released in 1995 and Mars Attak was released in 1996

if you can here tracks Nygma Variations ( An Ode to Science) and Spank Me!
    Overture. You can hear riddler theme its consist of 5 notes.
    And here Mars Attacks Main Title you will hear the theme they would very identical.
    I’m just apologize, so don’t gather(elicit) that i say he plagiarize i’m just asking you hel me is he do or not.

Anonymous

Not.

Danny Burton
    Participant

Good lord. What was THAT? My head hurts.

Anonymous

I know what you’re talking about, but no, Danny didn’t take that. If anything it [Mars Attacks theme] was a motif started in the main titles of Nightbreed and Batman Returns.

Anonymous

Haha, I think I get it… Plagiarize a strong and inaccurate word to use. To plagiarize, you have to take someone else’s work and try and pass it off as your own. If something similar pops up in your own works, that’s simply called your style, which is what Elfman is hired for.

Anonymous

Actually, the Mars Attacks theme isn’t in the Nightbreed Main Titles, but it’s in the MFADT1 suite. And to be more accurate, it’s found in “Birth of a Penguin” on Batman Returns. The times are 6:12 and 6:43 for Nightbreed and 2:34 for Batman Returns.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

He doesn’t plagiarize, he is influenced by other composers and he steals ideas. All good artists do it; there’s nothing wrong with it.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

Stealing ideas from Goldenthal who took over Batman, refusing to use Danny’s powerful theme? Sounds weird.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, you have to admit that Goldenthal’s Batman Forever score was 1000 times more entertaining than the movie.

Although I should point out that crib death is also 1000 times more entertaining than Batman Forever.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

I didn’t say I didn’t like the score.

JS
    Participant

I think that Goldenthal Score for Batman Forever was the most exciting wonderful and entartaining score of All Time.

And i think what happenned with films like Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, If all exciting composers like Elliot Goldenthal, Danny Elfman, Bernard Herrmann, Alan Silvestri, Hans Zimmer and others would compose music for Batman Films. I think it woud the most powerful score of all time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.