Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Is It Reasonable To Assume That Danny Elfman Will Score Gus Van Sant’s “Psycho V”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nick Parker
    Participant

I apologize if I am polluting this Forum, but I am curious. For those who do not know, Gus Van Sant will be directing a fifth Psycho film ( wait, “Psycho” had sequels?) sometime in the future, with Hayden Christensen as Norman Bates, apparently. Seeing the partnership between Gus and Danny, as well as Danny’s passion for Bernard Herrman’s music, would it be safe to assume that he will score the film?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s always safe to assume, but not always wise to do so :)

But I can’t see anyone being in line to score it before Danny.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Psycho V?! BLASPHEMY!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I’m not sure if he will. The Psycho score is very sacred to him. I remember he’d only score the remake if it was just like the original.

PS: Herrmann is spelled with two ns, by the way.

Nick Parker
    Participant

So it is, and I apologize for that grammatical error. You learn something new everyday, they say….

TenderLumpling
    Participant

No apologizes necessary. Just FYI.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Okay.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I read that he’s adapting Tom Wolfe’s “The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test” next. Is this a remake of PSYCHO II or something new altogether?

Nick Parker
    Participant

I read that, too. To be honest, I am confused. I read an article about Gus Van Sant making a fitfh Psycho film a few months ago (November or December, I think), but when I tried to find that article last night to show you guys, I could not find it. I am beginning to wonder if it was just a rumor article, and if so, I apologize for making this Thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.