Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion JoBlo explains it all

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Bless those folks at JoBlo.com for their awesome movie news coverage. They got the full story behind the “Nacho” controversy and wrote a damn fine summary of the whole thing.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=11813

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Hess explained to Paramount that, with all due respect to Elfman, he felt the score was all wrong for his style and wanted to stick with what Beck was recording.

You know, who better than to know what music is correct of a picture than a first-time musician and a second-time director?

This is just another example of a director falling in love with the temp-track. Of course, I’m presuming that what Elfman wrote works better for the film.

I really wonder now how they’re going to handle a score release.

Monsterhead
    Participant

An interesting read. I’m almost more curious to hear the music that Beck wrote. If it was enough to scare movie execs, it must be great.

Odd, the same sort of thing was happening with Elfman with BEETLEJUICE nearly twenty years ago. But we all know how that turned out….

Christ. BEETLEJUICE – nearly twenty years ago. My God I’m actually getting OLD.

KWashi
    Participant

…..that was entertaining!

SleepyHello
    Participant

I keep getting a Dark City article. I’m assuming that’s not correct?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

You actually have to find the link to the left. Every direct link to JoBlo automatically kicks you to their main page to make sure you don’t miss out on their scintilatting content…

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Those goddamn evil producers. I can understand him not wanting Elfman’s work there when it should have been Beck’s. I’ll just have to listen to the score and make my own judgements. I’m sure both will be great.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

One thing I’m wondering is, though. If that’s the case, what’s up with Hess’s comments here:

“He’s amazing, man; yeah, I feel very fortunate to be able to party with Danny. He just did an amazing job; his music has always kind of like a weird streak to it, which I really like, and he just seemed like the right guy. And I was really lucky that he was able to come on board.”

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Like I commented earlier, I think Hess is sort of a dummy. As in, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

reza
    Participant

Mr. Dantz Wrote:

> One thing I’m wondering is, though. If that’s the
    > case, what’s up with Hess’s comments here:
    >
    > “He’s amazing, man; yeah, I feel very fortunate to
    > be able to party with Danny. He just did an
    > amazing job; his music has always kind of like a
    > weird streak to it, which I really like, and he
    > just seemed like the right guy. And I was really
    > lucky that he was able to come on board.”

Yup, and there’s a photo of Danny with Jared Hess in SoundtrackNet’s report of Nacho Libre’s recording session, it seemed to be going well..

Dawg Man
    Participant

Apparently he didn’t like what he heard and bitched out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.