Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Just a thought…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

So, I was thinking, there have been talks about Danny getting another Best Score nomination for “Charlie”. Well, I was also thinking that there is the possibility of him getting a Best Song Nomination for “Charlie” too. Not to mention he has a shot at getting one for “Corpse Bride” as well. I mean, hell they gave a well deserved nomination to “South Park.”

Any thoughts on which one it might be; I was thinking ‘Augustus Gloop’. And also how would Danny perform it?

Lucius

Kipobe
    Participant

Augustus Gloop would probably be my pick as well… although I think my favorite is probably Veruca Salt (just something about the way that track enters is amazing after the ferocious exit of Veruca, and the contrast the track brings to the scene… classic Burton/Elfman).

SleepyHello
    Participant

Danny wouldn’t perform it. Beyonce probably would.

LMAO!! Can you imagine…

“AugustuUus… GlooOoOp!!!”

If Danny could get Oingo Boingo back together for one night to perform the nominated song, it would be so FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

Danny Burton
    Participant

:(

There’s no way he will get nominated for any of those songs as they aren’t “original” songs written for the film.

That reminds me of the great injustice they made with Moulin Rouge’s song “Come What May”, which wasn’t nominated because in spite of being a never heard before song, it was written for Romeo and Juliet.

The Academy sucks.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

There’s always Corpse Bride! Though we haven’t heard any of it yet, is there any doubt that it’s going to be fantastic?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I don’t really give a rat’s ass. The Acadamy is bullshit.

Pogel
    Participant

“There’s no way he will get nominated for any of those songs as they aren’t “original” songs written for the film. “

Since when? They are original songs written for the film, infact they were written before the film was made so they could be incorporated while shooting. That is what one calles “original song”.
    I don’t see your problem.

mootum
    Participant

Well, the music is original… but all of the lyrics were written by Roald Dahl (from his CATCF book, of course… tweaked only slightly by Elfman).

Anonymous
    Inactive

my guess is that the problem is that the lyrics came from dahl’s book, and so aren’t “original.” yes?

oops — simultaneous posting on this one. (-:

Danny Burton
    Participant

You’re both right. Danny didn’t write the songs and they weren’t written for Dahl for a film, so they are not ellegible.

But then again, who knows. The academy’s rules, the music branch’s in particular, are bendier than Paris Hilton.

mootum
    Participant

Well, he could always win for “Wonka’s Welcome Song.” ;)

ooshmaster
    Participant

Hold on a sec’ D.B… You’re saying that the Danny didn’t write the songs or thelyrics? And I don’t understand the second sentence at all. Could you clearify that for me? Thanks.

mootum
    Participant

The LYRICS were written by Roald Dahl… they are directly from his book “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” Elfman put Dahl’s lyrics to music. As the CD’s liner notes say (for the 4 Oompa Loompa songs):

“Music by Danny Elfman … Lyrics by Roald Dahl”

Danny Burton
    Participant

The lyrics, man.

ooshmaster
    Participant

Sorry.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.