Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Kind of a cool story

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SleepyHello
    Participant

Well, first of all, I have the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory score, and well….. I’ll get to that later.

So anyways, I work at Macy’s, and we have a stereo system hooked up in a back stock room that connects to two speakers that play throughout my department (the men’s department). I demanded to take my first ten minute break as soon as possible, and within an hour of the stores opening, I ran my ass faster than a speeding bullet through the mall to the FYE all the way across the damn mall. Anyway, they had it (they had two copies), and I got it and ran back.

I admit I honestly didn’t think he would let me do it, because he’s real stingy with what he likes to play because of some crap about how the music isn’t for us, it’s for the customer, by he let me play it! So, the first time I heard the whole score was at work, blasting throughout the department store (not sure if it’s legal, but whatever).

Anyway, that was fun, but it wasn’t until I got home and listened to the score in the confines of my room alone that I experienced the true awesomeness of the album. As soon as I put it on I had the chills all the way to the end. Truly amazing, fun, Elfmantastic stuff.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH I love this score!!!!!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

True! I haven’t had this much fun listening to a score in a very long time.

boingomusic
    Participant

Yeah, really. I put the cd in my discman last night before sleeping, and played the five songs. Then came the main title. I had never heard such a wacky-beautiful and amazing track since a long long long time. I just couldn’t sleep anymore. I had all those strange sounds and melodies in my mind during the whole night!!!!

elfmanguy
    Participant

I too had the Augustas Gloop and Mike Teevee songs in my head all day today! Man that Mike Teevee song is nuts! Anybody else find the Augustas Gloop lyrics creepy? And by creepy i mean it in the “cool” sense!

Aki
    Participant

the main title is amazing. Probably one of elfman’s best ! So….mad and boingo…and it’s a bit scary… my mother hate this music! lol

Leccathu
    Participant

Oooh yeah – Mike Teavee is INTENSE. ^^ The music, mainly, but the kid too. ^^ *chuckles* Doesn’t really help that I haven’t seen the film yet and I only got to hear Mike Teavee due to the Dr. Demento Show (I LOVE YOU, DR. D!! XD!!!), but man – as soon as I heard the music playing in the trailers on television, I thought ‘Elfman must have had fun with this one!’. And boy, was I right! ^^ It’s so wonderful to see him so happy… But yeah – Roald Dahl’s lyrics and Elfman’s music go perfectly with each other. ^^ Both are kind of wacky and dark. *grins insanely* Hooray for beautiful combinations!!!! XD

I can’t wait to see this movie. :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.