Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Listen to Charlotte’s Web

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Edward Bloom
    Participant
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up! From what I heard, that really is a gorgeous score. I was planning on just waiting for the DVD to come out, but I may see the movie in a theater just based on the score alone. Is it too soon to say that this could be a potential Oscar nomination? After all, there hasn’t been much competition this year (so far, unless the stupid Academy picks an obscure and undeserving score from one of those “Oscar-season” films).

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The finale/end title, “Wilbur’s Homecoming” is gorgeous. That’s the score’s main theme that opens the sample.

Ryan

Thor
    Participant

As I’ve said elsewhere, the orchestration of this score seems similar to EDWARD, but it doesn’t have the same emotional and melodic immediacy. But it sounds good, no doubt.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Not to contradict Thor, but I think this is more in BIG FISH, BLACK BEAUTY territory. There’s a strong rural music element in CHARLOTTE’S for fiddle and percussion that you won’t hear in EDWARD! :)

Ryan

Thor
    Participant

That’s right. It certainly has those elements as well, but I was obviously thinking of the prevalent celeste and other forms of “tinkling” percussive effects throughout; plus those warm strings. Of course, it’s impossible to assess anything with certainty before I hold the entire soundtrack in my hands (or, to be more precise, when it’s actually playing in my CD player).

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Anyone notice the Red Dragon theme in one of the tracks?

chii
    Participant

*shudders* I’m just reveling in the descriptions, I havent listened to it yet but even the descriptions make me cream! XD

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Here’s a link to the newest “Charlotte’s Web” trailer, deemed the “Bells Holiday Internet Teaser.” Now I’m really confused, because this preview makes the movie look a whole lot better than the latest one before that did.

http://www.charlotteswebmovie.com/public/video_files/CW_bells_holiday_teaser_large.mov

chii
    Participant

WTF? Any reason my windows player says Pete Anthony as the artist?

I am loving the flute! This sounds like its gunna be an amazing score! *is really excited*

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Yeah, my media player said the same thing, but worry not. Sometimes, the track artist can be listed as the conductor or the orchestra (my Superman Returns tracks all came out under the artist “Hollywood Symphony Orchestra). In this case, Pete Anthony conducted. However, I do recall in a SoundtrackNet photo essay seeing Danny conducting a cue… I wonder which one it was?

johnmullin
    Participant

I think the cue Danny conducted was just for fun… I don’t think they used the recording in the final picture. If you look closely, he doesn’t even have a baton!

Natrebo
    Participant

There are many conductors, past and present, that never used a baton when they conducted. It’s not a prerequisite to being a conductor. Still I think you might be right about them not using that take, because surely they did a few takes without him conducting.

johnmullin
    Participant

All true, but I know Dan Goldwasser (who took the picture) and he said that the piece Elfman was conducting was a wild track that was never intended to be used in the picture.

gaba
    Participant

I do agree that the orchestration is…um..Edwardian? ;-)
    I think the sweetness of the main theme will serve the film right, from what I can tell, but I think I’ll be a sucker for ‘action’ cues instead, in this one – everything from track 5 through 7 (In The Mud, Templeton, The Plan Begins) is pure gold. So is the exerpt from “The Dump”. Groovy!

chii
    Participant

Hahaha, yea, “The Dump” had this sneaky feeling, it was cool!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.