Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Music Software/Hardware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cellofoo
    Participant

This is for all of you great composes out there. Can any of you tell me what is the most realistic music making program…….DAMN Finale pisses me off

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

“Realistic”?

Knight
    Participant

There is a couple of ways that you can go but it all depends on what you are writing. For orchestral music, you really have 2 options: Gigastudio / Vienna Symphonic Library or Kontakt / East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra. For either of these you will need a good sequencer like Cubase or SONAR. The Vienna is a bit more intimate than the East West, but is much harder to mix, whereas the East West version sounds great out of the box, and has that big “Hollywood” sound. If you start out with one of these then you should be fairly good to go for now, then when you want to expand you can get a sample library of almost instrument. Anyhow, if you need more info let me know. Happy hunting,

Knight

cellofoo
    Participant

ya can i please get more info i’v seen Sonar it looks really complicated rather finale. but i was thinking about getting a Edirol SD-80 synthisyzer….wat do u think

Knight
    Participant

Well, if you want realistic, what I said before is pretty much the industry standard nowdays (for film music). It takes time to learn (as with all things) but it’s not too difficult. Most synths just don’t cut it anymore, and if you plan on going pro your clients are going to want somthing alot more realistic. Head over to East West’s site (www.soundsonline.com) and check out the demos for Symphonic Orchestra Gold, then run over to Vienna Symphonic Library’s site (google it) and check out the demos for Opus 1. They are both about the same price and will give you a good idea on what you can do with these products. Happy hunting!

Knight

Also, keep in mind that there are quite a few sequencers (like Cubase, SONAR, ect.) so look into what seems to fit for you.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

… Although, everyone *knows* SONAR is the best. ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.