Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New board status

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey all — thanks for the comments (try to keep the bitching to yourself and in the process keep me in a good mood). I’m working on tweaking the board, but in the meanwhile you’re gonna have to live with the dust and noise.

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hah! This is totally 100% better already!

Anonymous
    Inactive

i second that — this looks great, ryan. thanks for the hard work.

SleepyHello
    Participant

hmmm…I do like it. It looks really cool. But, is there gonna be some sort of way to nest the thread?

SleepyHello
    Participant

hmm…..you can edit posts now. this is cool.

Anonymous

I do apologize for the overall upheaval caused by the upgrade. Granted, it’s now a bit more secure, and now hopefully will be devoid of cigarette advertisements.

To take some of the blame off of Ryan. We had a power supplyu issue with our original server, which required us to move our planned replacmeent sooner than expected, which left us without having tested everything properly on each site.

In the process, Ryan was locked out of the admin features of the site (and CInemusic), which I spent several hours investigating a way to bring things back. The minor upgrade to the old board (from 3.4.3a to 3.4.8) didn’t work, so we upgraded everything in wholesale to Phorum 5. Ryan and I are still working on tweaking the site.

I put a lot on his plate due to also upgrading Cinemusic as well, however, I spent a little more time on that myself to remove some of the work off his plate, please check it out and let us know if there are any problems there or here with the board.

For my two cents, I happen to liek Phorum because the developers take security seriously, and they actually put useful features into the product. phpBB has a number of bugs, and, as people mentioned, it’s on just about everyother site out there, using Phorum provides a bit of a unique aspect to the sites, and most of the requests you have asked for are configurable items within your user profile.

GOod luck everybody, have fun and play nice. :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.