Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New Danny Elfman interview on KCRW.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

There is a new interview that played on KCRW in Los Angeles on Sunday night. You can listen to it at their website.

http://kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=or&air_date=8/28/05&tmplt_type=show

I’m listening to it as I write this, but it goes a lot into how he created the music for Charlie. He mentions how he laid down the different voices, not to mention breifly touching on Tim and Danny’s break up before Mars Attacks!

Click and enjoy.

Lucius

Spider-Fan
    Participant

THANKS!!! Listening right now.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I love interviews with Elfman.

boingomusic
    Participant

Wow. Great interview. The KCRW interviews are usually very good.
    Have you guys heard the one from 1998? If you look for it in the same web site, you’ll be able to listen to it.

Oh and, did you guys hear the Only A Lad song at the end??? It’s not the regular version. At first, I thougt it was the Cat EP version, but it isn’t. It’s edited, and it’s not even performed and mixed the same way. I think it’s from a demo. Very interesting. Any thoughts about where this comes from???

-Eric

TenderLumpling
    Participant

About the 1998 interview — has anyone ever been able to track down some of the pieces that they played on the show?

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, I’ve been trying to get some of the tracks, especially the gipsy violin track. He even talks about the artist : Caroli Pooka and his gipsy band! I’ve tried everywhere, and have NEVER been able to find anything. If someone does, please let me know. I know Richard Elfman reads this forum once in a while, maybe he could help us…

-Eric

Danny Burton
    Participant

He’s always so witty and articulate. I love to hear him talk. I REALLY hope there’s an isolated score track [with commentary, of course] for the Charlie DVD.

Oh, and he hates Broadway? I guess that throws the chances of a NBC Broadway show out of the window.

ooshmaster
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that’s the EP version of Only A Lad.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Oh, and he hates Broadway? I guess that throws the chances of a NBC Broadway show out of the window.

He hates contemporary Broadway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.