Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New project – 65

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Quite exciting, he hasn’t really worked on the sci-fi genre besides Planet of the Apes (and perhaps Mars Attacks!)

Thor
    Participant

Intriguing. I keep hoping for a proper, heady outer space sci fi from Elfman (other than more quirky stuff like MARS ATTACKS and PLANET OF THE APES). In fact, I asked him this very question on the red carpet interview a couple of years ago, where he replied “Yes, I’m still waiting!”. Maybe this 65 is it.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m really excited by this. Elfman’s sci-fi movies have largely been comedies (Mars Attacks!, Men in Black) or big budget action movies (Planet of the Apes, Terminator Salvation), so this seems like it might be new territory.

The directors have been hyping it up on social media. They apparently used to temp their student movies with Hulk.

Adam Driver has a good track record for picking quality projects, too.

Hopefully this and Multiverse of Madness mark a turning point in the quality of the movies Elfman has been offered.

ddddeeee
    Participant

May 13th, 2022.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Danny’s been praising this in press for Big Mess, calling it ‘great’ and ‘wonderful’

He’s really not one to hype up the movies he’s working on, so I’m choosing to be really encouraged

Two good movies in 2022! Willing this into existence

ddddeeee
    Participant

Apparently this just had a disastrous screening and is about to be completely rethought.

Some guy on YouTube (I know….) had a video up with footage from the movie and he was saying how a screening just went terribly and they’re going to try and fix it, but that a delay is likely.

The plot description he gave matches what Elfman said about it (dinosaurs!). It might also explain why he’s seemingly moved on to Doctor Strange 2.

Hopefully it’s not true….

Elfman’s curse continues?

DannyBiker
    Participant

Help us Sam Raimi, you’re our only hope…

ddddeeee
    Participant

According to this new interview, the cello and percussion concertos are done. No word on 65.

https://www.westword.com/music/tim-burton-danny-elfman-peewee-film-symphony-colorado-13158162

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m wondering if Danny’s off this. It was supposed to be done before Doctor Strange, but now that has recorded/is being recorded and there’s nothing on this. The above article even mentioned that he’s moving onto Wednesday next.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I think Sony moved 65 from mid-May to late April. That might have bunked Elfman’s schedule, so you’re right, he may have had to jump off the project. This is one of those films where no one seems to know anything about it, which in this internet age, is really annoying.

ddddeeee
    Participant

It must be getting moved further back. It comes out in three months and there’s nada, which might work for an established IP, but not this.

I’m hoping it all magically works out, because I’m so in for a mostly-electronic original sci-fi movie score from Elfman.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman’s team have been slowly added to the IMDB page over the last week or so…must be recording soon.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Chris Bacon is now listed as a co-composer on IMDB.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This looks fun to me and so different for Elfman. I really hope some of his music has survived all the reshoots and retooling.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman’s team have almost entirely been removed from the IMDB page.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hoo boy.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Directors at the scoring stage with Chris Bacon.

https://twitter.com/CreativLicense_/status/1622653704766726152/photo/2

Monsterhead
    Participant

Elfman re-posted some video from the scoring stage on IG yesterday, so safe to assume that he is still involved.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Only Bacon credited now on IMDB and the orchestrators have all worked with him on his solo projects.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This has to be one of the weirdest major film releases ever… No poster with a credit block and the film is out in mere weeks…

Thor
    Participant

If Elfman is now fully out, and the score is 100% Bacon, that means there’s a rejected or unused Elfman score out there, right? Especially since we know he’s been on the scoring stage to record.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Danny is not listed in the final production notes dated 2-22-23, so unless there is some sort of “theme” credit or the like, he is not involved in 65.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Bummer but it’s yet another cursed production.

Hopefully a new film project gets announced soon. I like looking forward to new scores and playing some his older work that it seems like the new score might sound like.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.