Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New project – 65

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

****Danny is not listed in the final production notes dated 2-22-23, so unless there is some sort of “theme” credit or the like, he is not involved in 65.***

True, but that doesn’t really say anything about a possible unused score, does it?

boingomusic
    Participant
    Monsterhead
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman has a credit on five tracks. No idea if that’s down to a theme or reworked material that Elfman wrote.

Monsterhead
    Participant

The first track, INFINITY OF SPACE sounds Elfman-ish for sure. Do we know what five tracks he’s credited on?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This whole thing has been confusing… Elfman is listed as co-composer on the poster, but not the soundtrack album cover? 🤯

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow when it’s available to stream, uh, legitimately 😉

Monsterhead
    Participant

I spoke to someone who worked post-prod on the film and she confirmed that some tracks share Elfman’s credit.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    DannyBiker
    Participant

It’s available on streaming services and as expected, it’s mostly a Bacon score with Elfman credited on 5 tracks, alongside yet another composer (Gad Emile Zeitune) on some of them.

And also as expected, the film looks like a stinker… 🙁

Thor
    Participant

As I’ve written elsewhere, here’s my weird downward spiral experience of this whole score development:

1. I first get exicted when I hear Danny Elfman is doing this 65 thing, what I – at the time – think and hope is the ambitious, heady space sci fi he hasn’t yet done in his career.

2. It turns out NOT to be an ‘ambitious, heady space sci fi’ at all, but something involving dinosaurs, and largely earthbound. Bummer, but still looks like fun.

3. Bacon becomes solo composer. Oh well, it wasn’t the ‘heady space sci fi’, so the Elfman connection wasn’t as important anymore. Bacon can be good. Dig his SOURCE CODE stuff, for example. Still another bummer, though, as an Elfman fan.

4. Michael friggin’ Giacchino, my no. 1 disliked composer, steps in — as ‘score consultant’ (whatever that is), but still. Big red flags now!

5. And then, when I finally get to listen to it, it is incredibly disappointing, with lots of generic, contemporary “trailer tropes”, as I call them (aka “RC-isms”). Some potential in the first track, “Infinity of Space” (which was co-written by Elfman), and hints of something worthwhile in “Whistle” and “Rest”, but not very interesting, overall. I’ll keep the Elfman-credited tracks for completism’s sake (plus Bacon’s “Whistle”), and delete the rest. A neat, 18-minute selection.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Looking through this thread trying to construct a narrative… Elfman posted an Instagram about 65 in the first week of February that’s no longer there… how could he not be available to consult by randomly Michael Giacchino is?

Anyways, the film’s main theme firstbhear in track one reminds me of the last part/resolution of a theme from Dr Strange 2 (I think the “America” theme…)

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.