Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion NEXT BURTON MOVIE ANNOUNCED!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

This was taken from comingsoon.net:

Carrey & Burton Teaming on Ripley Pic
    Source: Variety
    November 29, 2005

Jim Carrey will topline and Tim Burton will direct Paramount Pictures’ action-adventure film based on the exploits of Robert Ripley, the explorer and newspaper columnist who created “Ripley’s Believe It or Not.”

Variety reports that the studio expects to begin production on the film, titled Believe It or Not!, in London in October for a late 2007 release.

Carrey, who’ll next be seen starring in Fun with Dick and Jane, will squeeze in two movies before reporting to the Ripley set. He’ll next star for Joel Schumacher in the New Line thriller Number 23 opposite Elisabeth Shue, and then he will star with Ben Stiller in the Jay Roach-directed Used Guys for 20th Century Fox.

The trade says the studio courted Burton and Carrey for several months. Once Burton came clear of “The Corpse Bride,” he sparked to the idea of doing the script with Carrey.

The film is scripted by Burton’s Ed Wood writers Larry Karaszewski and Scott Alexander. The duo also worked with Carrey on the Andy Kaufman biopic Man on the Moon.

New project picks up Ripley at a time when he has attained celebrity status through a “Believe It or Not” column that chronicled his search for the greatest oddities on the planet. Along the way, he learns to appreciate his unusual human discoveries as more than mere conquests to be catalogued.

Burton, Carrey and the writers from Ed Wood… HOLY SHIT!!! You may start freaking out…..NOW!
    Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That’s great news. Certainly will be in the more “adult”, serious vein of ED WOOD if scripted by the same guys, or it could be assinine like their PROBLEM CHILD movie… ;)

Thanks for the news.

Ryan

JS
    Participant

Very intresting! Does anybody know what about this film?
    To Ryan: Thank you Ryan for those 2 Elfmans videos, but i really want to see Goldenthals intervie on BF. Please Ryan put this video, i want to download it.
    Waiting for reply!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Oh man, so excited to hear this! It sounds like exactly the kind of movie Tim should work on. I trust Jim Carrey completely following his performance in “Lemony Snicket,” which had a ton of Burton elements in it. He was also awesomely brilliant as the Grinch. As for Danny, oh man, does this sound like a great project for him! This is considering that they won’t use Howard Shore because it’s written by “Ed Wood” guys. I can’t wait!

Dawg Man
    Participant

The guy travels all over the world to exotic locations, finding shrunken heads and two headed calfs, all the while wearing a batwing tie. That sounds like a Tim Burton movie in and of it’s self.

Yet, I’m still in a bit of a haze, but in a good way.
    Tim Burton is making a Jim Carrey movie…
    It’s like Tim Burton’s Ace Ventura III: When Nature DIES

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Awesome, because finally we have a 2007 project for Danny Elfman!
    Sounds like a good one too. Tim Burton and Jim Carrey.

Katie
    Participant

This is random . . . but at the Ripley’s museum on Hollywood Boulevard, there is a room/stairway that plays the Breakfast Machine cue from Pee-wee’s Big Adventure. I don’t know if they ever play that music in other Ripley’s museums; the one in Hollywood is the only one I’ve ever been to.

And that is your random fact for the day, folks.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Irony is fun.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Oh yeah.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.