Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Nightmare’ x 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

My original NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS OST disc was damaged some years ago. I bought a replacement, only to lose it earlier this year (the disc is not in the jewel case, instead sandwiched in with another CD – but which??). I now own a third copy of the OST, this time the Walt Disney Records re-print (with alternate disc artwork). Strangely enough, the reprint has 21 tracks, while the original had 20. The “End Title” is now split into two tracks, with track 21 labelled “Bonus Theme Montage”. Bizarre.

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Maybe it’s a way to get fans who already have the cd to buy another one.

BLD379
    Participant

But the original CD was two tracks as well, it was only listed as one. I have the CD that I got in 1993, and once you’ve listened to track 20 (the last one on the track list), a ghost track (#21) pops up. Either way, there’s some damn fine contrabass clarinet playin’ on that last track.

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, I agree with BLD379. My 1993 cd listed 20 tracks, but the end titles were split in two parts, the second part being track 21.

Actually, this is EXACTLY like the corpse bride End Titles. The first track playing the more “classical” melodies, and the second track playing all the “jazzy” melodies.
    I find this quite cool ;-)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

All discs are labelled as 1993 – however my original NIGHTMARE disc that is scratched and will not play has 20 tracks. The final track runs 5:05. This disc was manufactured by Cinram.

Here is a side by side scan of the two:

Which disc do you all have?

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I have the original.

Didn’t the reissued score come out in 2000, when they rereleased Nightmare in theaters?

How does the remastered album sound, anyway? Is it noticeably different from the original?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

How many tracks does your disc have? Not listed on the back, but on the actual disc.

Ryan

BLD379
    Participant

I have the top one, I bought it back when the movie itself came out. There are 21 tracks on the disc, but the tracklist only has 20. Track 21, an extension of the “End Title” is a ghost track.

KWashi
    Participant

My disc is the reprint, and it has 21 tracks. I think Disney rereleased a bunch of soundtracks at the same time with that same artwork on the spine; my “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” has the same artwork.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m confused then because I have the top one – witness the scan – and it has 20 tracks both listed on the packaging and on the disc itself.

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Mine has 20 tracks, also. FYI, I got the album in ‘96.

boingomusic
    Participant

Well,
    I have the original version, the one that has the picture on the top, and as BLD379 said, I have 21 tracks on the cd, but the track listing says 20. The last one is a ghost track…

I bought it in Europe in 1993. Maybe there’s a different release in Europe. I don’t know… That’s weird…

sajrocks
    Participant

I have the original ’93 recording (bought in the midwest in ’93 at the time of its release). There are 21 tracks on the CD but only 20 listed on the booklet. It’s always bugged the oogie-boogie out of me.

saj

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m wondering if you can please check the inside rim of the disc and tell me if it says where the disc was manufactured. Mine was made by Cinram in Canada. What I am guessing is that Cinram manufactured the disc according to the artwork, with 20 tracks.

Ryan

Leccathu
    Participant

I have the Original OST (#1). :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.