Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Notorious Score…When Are We Gonna Hear It?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

The movie comes out on the 16th (in 11 days) and the CD on the 13th (in 8 days), so when are we gonna hear the score?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I suppose in 8 days.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Hello. I am new to this website,but I have been a fan of Danny Elfman for a long time. Anyways, enough with the pleasantries. Is there any news about an actual score release for “Notorious”? Though the album has one Track of Danny Elfman’s music ( a sample of which can be heard at:

http://www.amazon.com/Notorious-Inspired-Original-Picture-Explicit/dp/B001ONP3K4/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1231209139&sr=8-4

)

, that seems to be it. Would that be the only piece of music that Danny Elfman wrote for the film, seeing as the soundtrack is composed of multiple Hip-Hop and Rap songs written specifically for “Notorious”? Thank you to all who answer, and hello.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hah, Elfman gets to play with loops.

Nick Parker Wrote:

>
    > http://www.amazon.com/Notorious-Inspired-Original-
    > Picture-Explicit/dp/B001ONP3K4/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF
    > 8&s=dmusic&qid=1231209139&sr=8-4
    >
    > )

Thanks for the link. I don’t think Elfman composed much music for the movie. The songs will be the focal point. But hopefully more of his score will be released soon. We wouldn’t want this to be another Nacho Libre situation.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hmmm. I wonder why Elfman even considered this movie. Don’t tell me he’s a fan of the cRap genre.

johnmullin
    Participant

In a recent interview, he said that he always wanted to work in this genre, actually.

He also said that they only recorded for 1.5 days. There could, of course, be a lot of material he wrote that doesn’t require an orchestra, but that seems to indicate that there’s not a lot of score in the film.

Nick Parker
    Participant

I did not think so….Who knows, maybe we will get the complete “Notorious” score on “Music for a Darkened Theater: Volume Three”….

Monsterhead
    Participant

I think that in the same interview he indicated that the score was only about 30 minutes.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Well I’ve heard it. At least the theme from the soundtrack. I’m not overwhelmed but it’s hard to decipher from such a short cue. Any other thoughts on what we hear?

Nick Parker
    Participant

I did not hear the Track except for the thirty seoncd-samples on Amazon.com. I have a feeling that it works great in the film. After all, a choral ensemble probably would not be so fitting for the subject matter.

elfboy91
    Participant

Its on itunes for like 99 cents

Monsterhead
    Participant

I’ve been listening to it a few times and it IS growing on me. But I keep searching for more to grab onto. With only 2 minutes of music, it leaves me cold.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.