Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion NPR interview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I listened to the NPR interview this morning (2/27) of Danny Elfman, and his Serenada Schizophrana composition. The clips of the concerto I heard during the interview intrigued me to search out more about him. I recommend the interview to all his fans, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4515287. I’m interested in hearing the entire piece — I do hope it gets released. Thanks for making this space available.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

God, I want to hear this. MORE MORE MORE!!! Now we know it was at least recorded.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link!

Welcome to the site.

Ryan

Danny Burton
    Participant

What a great listen!

And they named the baby Oliver. Lovely.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Good ol’ NPR…

Now we know it was at least recorded.

Yes, and it was, I’d imagine, a very raw, live recording from the premiere, unless the excerpts were taken from the rehearsal.

Anyway, what was the Stravinsky piece that Elfman mentioned?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

“Anyway, what was the Stravinsky piece that Elfman mentioned?”

I can’t tell. I’d like to know myself.

Radioguy
    Participant

The Stravinsky piece Elfman mentioned was “L’Histoire du Soldat.” And as far as a recording of the performance goes, NPR was only allowed to record a couple sections with a single microphone from the back of the hall. Whether the ACO recorded it for eventual release, I don’t know.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Aww, Oliver Elfman. Congrats to him on his son and his orchestra piece! I hope we all get to hear it eventually!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.