Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Odd Place for a Boingo song…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Orange
    Participant

I visitted the nightclub in The Hard Rock Hotel in vegas…

the dj there must be a boingo fan because he played wierd science…which wouldn’t be that impressive, but then later on he played dead man’s party.

Which just floored me…I don’t usually go to places like that but he must have known there was a fellow elfman fan in the crowd.

Anybody else have an experience where Danny Elfman’s music was played at a location you wouldn’t expect it?

-Orange

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Old Navy.

Ryan

Katie
    Participant

I remember posting about this awhile back . . . but there’s this haunted house in the Valley called SpookyHouse (which is supposed to be the best haunted house in LA . . . I have my doubts) and there’s three separate themed houses to go into. One of them is called “Blood Bath and Beyond” (a play on a home store called Bed Bath and Beyond for those of you unfamiliar with it) and all throughout the “store” there is a really twisted, slowed-down, warped recording of Dead Man’s Party. It’s fun.

sandyclaws
    Participant

Not really Oingo Boingo but elfman none the less. During Halloween I was at our local theme park in Utah they dress it all up for the holiday and they had a Spook Alley that had Planet of the Apes playing at the entrance to it. And on the speakers through the whole park they were playing spooky soundtracks with tons of Elfman. It was awesome!! I was in heaven.

-Sandyclaws

np: Jurassic Park

Anonymous

Well, Yes…
    I live in Geneva, Switzerland, and I seem to be the only one to know Oingo Boingo around here. My family and friends hate it. So, I only listen to it in my car, or with headphones. So, Boingo is somehow part of my own personnal life…
    One evening, as I was sitting in an old bar with some friends, and then, I heard this : “Animals came from miles around, so tired walk, so close to the ground…” It took me about 15 seconds to actually realize why I suddenly felt so weird. It was the first time I was hearing a boingo tune without acutally playing the disc myself. It was a strange strange feeling… In an old bar, Geneva, Switzerland… Not even Weird Science or Dead Man’s Party… but No Spill Blood…

Well… It is a strange world…

Boingomusic

Orange
    Participant

Yeah…I really like no spill blood. I wonder if there was someone near that bar that had influenced the decision to play it. Was there a jukebox?

They place wierd science a lot on the eighties station here in vegas. I guess because its like a classic or something…but the cool thing is they play the whole thing! Which is cool, but I wish they would play more boingo than that.

Anyone else hear boingo in a strange place?

-Orange

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I heard a strange version of Dead Man’s Party over one my satellite music channels. Great version, too. I don’t remember them ever making a different version.

Anonymous

I heard Weird Science in Disneyland at Tomorrow Land about 7 years ago. It was performed by a one robot-man band who played multi-instrumental roboticized versions of Sci/fi themed songs. It was very cool and very dorky all at once.

E-man

Orange
    Participant

Wow, did the robot look anything like the man himself?

Man I wish i had seen that…just the image in my head is freaky enough, were there a bunch of kids with mickey mouse hats on in front of it?

-Orange

Anonymous

I was eating lunch at this demi-trendy Hell’s Kitchen restaurant that obviously had their sound system tuned to some bizarre/rare 80s satellite station. Right after Kate Bush’s “Wuthering Heights” (the second version), they played “Only Makes Me Laugh” from Elfman’s album So Lo. Even as an aficionado, I hadn’t heard that song in YEARS. Needless to say, I was the only one in the restaurant singing along.

saj

Anonymous

I heard Weird Science in the grocery store yesterday, now thats weirder than hard rock lol!

Aki
    Participant

Boingo is everywhere ! enven in Paris ! I was in a nightclub and I heard Weird Science when I was on the dancefloor ! What a strange feeling to dance on it… But i was the only of my friends to know this song.
    Moreover I will use a boingo song in my short movie for my exam ! ;)

Orange
    Participant

I have a few different versions of dead mans party but the majority of differences is in the intro part of the song. (ie. the beginning)

once the song gets going they are pretty much the same.

Does anyone know of any remixes of dead man’s party? I’m sure theres some out there but I haven’t had time to look for them.

-Orange

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.