Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion OMG DANNY SINGS AGAIN in the wanted soundtrack album !!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Ok, so, I had a friend request on Myspace, and guess what, it was the WANTED SOUNDTRACK page, that includes samples from the score and A BRAND NEW ROCK SONG WITH DANNY ON VOCALS !!!!

I simply can’t believe it. I didn’t see it coming… ! This year is full of surprises, first, we find out that Stardard Operating Procedure is an brand original score (and not another serenada adaptation), and then we get to hear Danny sing again!!!

I had been dreaming of this for years now…. I kept wandering how a Boingo / Elfman song would sound nowadays, and HERE IT IS !!!!

Ok, now, GO LISTEN TO IT !!!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=376280508

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention that the score seems to be pretty amazing ;-)

-Eric

That song is awesome! After an okay-ish 2006 and 2007, Elfman has give us something GREAT.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Wow, this is surreal. It’s like Boingo has returned. Elfman’s scoring style may have changed but the song sounds like it was something meant for the final 1994 album — but somehow better. Very cool.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

THIS THING FUKING ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!! GOD DAMN!! It’s good to hear he’s got an itch to do rock ‘n roll again.

GOD DAMN, THIS IS GOOD!!!

Oingo Boingo will return. You’ll see.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Well, maybe not Boingo, but maybe a solo rock album. That would kick ass in more ways than one.

Indeed it would. The song had a more ‘normal’ sound to it,. Which is a depature from Boingo’s zany sound.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I wonder if Bartek had any guitar parts? It certainly sounds like it in certain spots. It does sound Boingo-like, but (as you said), with a more contemporary feel to it – kind of like something you might hear on the next album after “Boingo”, since that’s the direction they were headed into after they stopped.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

It very much sounds like an outtake from Boingo. Great stuff! The lyrics, also, are just fantastic! Though, that’s to be expected. What isn’t expected is Danny writing and performing a new song!

gaba
    Participant

HGOly crap! Talk about the ‘international child’s day’ present.. Who knew? :-D

boingomusic
    Participant

And guys, I just realized : it means Danny might be nominated as best song at the oscars, and we might see him sing again… Ok, ok, I know, Danny and the oscars don’t seem to get along very well, but we can always HOPE !!!

I’ve one more thing to say : how is it that NO ONE SAW THIS COMING ???
    I mean, we’re the MFADP forum, we used to know EVERYTHING before it happened!!!!
    Can you believe how secret this project must have been, hehe ;-)

-Eric

Phoe_Elfman
    Participant

waah this is awesome! i’m so excited :D

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

It could have just been a last minute decision.
    “Hey, let’s record a rockin’ rock song for the film.”
    “Ok, sounds like fun.”
    (One week later, it’s rockin’, it’s posted, and it’s wreaking sweet havoc across the nation.)

It HAD to be a last minute thing. It’s not everyday that Elfman writes songs for movies. He’s only done it like 5 times. Or 6 if you count Weird Science.

boingomusic
    Participant

Do you think we can hope for a cd single release, or a video to promote the movie???

I doubt we’ll get a video.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I tried to dig up info on WANTED, all I could get from the label was a release date (see my earlier thread). Very cool that there’s a song.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Oh wow, good to see you changed your mind…

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Hmm?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Previously Mr. Dantz said the score wasn’t knocking his socks off. He seems to have come around!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Nah, not the score (or the movie). Just the sweet new track. :)

lonzoe
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> That song is awesome! After an okay-ish 2006 and
    > 2007, Elfman has give us something GREAT.

2006 was a good year for Elfman. I liked what he wrote for Charlottes Web. I definitely enjoyed Serenada Schizophrana. Yeah he did that in 05 and was performed that same year but still that was the first time I heard the music and was released on CD.

2007 was more of a laid back year but still good none the less yeah Meet the Robinsons was somewhat of a disappoint in my eyes because one of the themes reminds me too much of Corpse Bride but it grows on repeated listenings. I believe the underrated The Kingdom was great. I can’t get enough of it. I think about that score almost everyday since I bought it back in January . That’s how good it is to me. That’s why I can’t wait for Wanted (the score I don’t give a crap about the butchered Jolie action bulet time crap fest that resembles the comics in name only) because he using synth but more orchestra. I might get the score without even looking at the movie usually I do the opposite so I know whats going on during the cue. Yep 2008 definitely looks like an EXCELLENT year for Elfman and Elfmanites.

chii
    Participant

*jaw drops* No way. When I listened to it I couldn’t help but explode a little inside. *fangirl moment*

guitarfreak
    Participant

To be honest I didn’t even recognize his voice at first.
    But I have to agree; it rocks. : )

Lady Jaye
    Participant

oh i can be happy for a while, it’s good to hear his voice.
    I loved that.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.