Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Oscar: Maybe next year?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

OK so Danny didn’t win tonight (AR Rahman did), but there was a nice 2 Danny second reaction shot to Rahman’s second win. He was there with Bridget. Oh well! We’re used to this around here.

RCox
    Participant

Given that Zack Efron was presenting the award, I was rooting for Elfman to get it some other time.

D-Bo
    Participant

Ditto. *gag*

Nick Parker
    Participant

I do not know, I would have loved for Danny to perform a song like Rahman did…. Bringing back Oingo Boingo, baby! Oh wait, I was not alive for Oingo Boingo….

TenderLumpling
    Participant

OK so Danny didn’t win tonight (AR Rahman did), but there was a nice 2 Danny second reaction shot to Rahman’s second win.

Was the reaction shot a look of relief? Is there footage of it anywhere?

Oh wait, I was not alive for Oingo Boingo….

You weren’t alive in 1995?

I love Elfman, obviously, but AR Rahman deserved the award.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Yeah?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

There was an Elfman reaction shot (top right corner in the split screen), and he looked quite happy for Rahman.

gordonblu
    Participant

He did. Then, during the song performances, he looked like he wanted to bolt.

boingomusic
    Participant

Yeah, I saw that… After the song, there was a big shot of him and you could see him applaude very seriously… He really seemed disappointed… They kind of play with him, like they do with Brad Pitt. The nominations come, but nothing really happens… It muss be depressing… I really thought this was the one, and he seemed like he believed in it too, for once… I was really susprised to see him there…!

Nick Parker
    Participant

Oh wait, I was not alive for Oingo Boingo….

You weren’t alive in 1995?

Well, I was. but how many two-years-old knew what Oingo Boingo was?

elfboy91
    Participant

all of em… they were huge!

lol.. i wish….

Nick Parker
    Participant

I was watching Barney when they disbanded!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Yeah, I saw that… After the song, there was a big shot of him and you could see him applaude very seriously… He really seemed disappointed…

Hmm? I thought he looked happy for Rahman? In interviews, Danny says he doesn’t even care about getting oscars. He didn’t even go to the ceremonies when he was nominated for Big Fish.

I was watching Barney when they disbanded!

Don’t feel left out. I never saw them in concert, either. That’s what the “reunion” shows are for. :)

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

A guy of Elfman’s stature probably doesn’t give a shit about the Oscars. It’s insignificant in comparison to what he’s already accomplished! He probably just went as an excuse to get out of the house. The guy probably doesn’t get out much when he’s working constantly!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

He probably just went as an excuse to get out of the house.

Guys, listen to the Elfman interviews. Danny completely debunks your thoughts on the matter. If you’re a big enough fan to post on a Danny Elfman message board, you should be listening to these great interviews.

http://www.stageandscreenonline.com/downloads/danny_elfman.html

Listen to Part two:

When Danny was asked about getting an oscar, he says, “I don’t give a fuck.” Also, he hates going to these big shows!

PS: I love you all. :)

I don’t think Danny went for Big Fish cause he was the only nominee. In the case of Good Will Hunting, Men in Black, and Milk he went in support of the movie since it was nominated for several awards including Best Picture.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Exactly! I remember him stating that, but couldn’t remember in which interview.

elfboy91
    Participant

Well.. I liked the Oscars this year.. but then again I like Broadway shows…It was a little Broadway-ish … and I’m sure Elfman got a good look at his supposed star of his Houdini show… which I hope does well and actually hits Broadway theatres.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Oh, I am so excited for that. I hope it fares better than “Little Demons”…..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.