Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Percussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Weepy Donut
    Participant

I am currently playing keyboards in the pit for an independant Long Island indoor percussion ensamble called “Rage”. This season, the theme of our arrangement is Dream Theater, which is actually sounding pretty badass if you ask me.
    Ironically, our pit instructor suggested, for next season, that we arrange a medly based on Danny Elfman: hands down, my favorite composer. Without hesitation, I figured I’d get a head start on a pitch.
    The catch is that any sort of orchestral melody involved with a certain clip would ultimately have to be dimmed down as our pit is comprised of only mallet instruments, keyboards, electric guitar, and electric bass so the arrangement calls for certain adaptations, if you will.
    As of now, to get a basic idea of a direction, I began to use Cool Edit to piece together my pitch consisting of some of the most percussion driven clips from any random Elfman score I could find. So far, my edit consists of mainly Planet of the Apes, Spiderman, and Mission Impossible.
    I plan to spend a good amount of time on this, and already have some ideas, but if anyone is willing to help me create some sort of list, your input would be greatly accepted and appreciated. The score, track name/number, and even a start/finish time of the clip would be great if possible.
    Help me make this a worthy contribution! Thanks in advance!

boingomusic
    Participant

“Instinct” uses a lot of cool percussions, if you want some percussion based scores, “Wisdom” is pretty intresting, even if it uses lots of synths percussions.

PHIL
    Participant

“Carnival from Hell” from Darkman and “Meat for the Beast” from Nightbreed.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

How about some slow percussive lounge stuff from Mars Attacks?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.