Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Serenada’ coming to California

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Good news for folks within travelling distance to the San Francisco area. I’ve just been notified that The Redwood Symphony (located in San Mateo, between San Francisco and Palo Alto) has secured the west coast premiere rights to Danny Elfman’s “Serenada Schizophrana”.

For more informaton visit their website: http://www.redwoodsymphony.org

Ryan

Knight
    Participant

GAH! I just HAD to move out of California 2 years ago… (*bangs head against a wall*). Oh well, MAYBE they will release a recording sometime here.

Knight

ooshmaster
    Participant

YEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

You’d better send this to them before they start:

record it. record it. record it. record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.record it. record it. record it.

sajrocks
    Participant

I hope the Redwood Symphony has a better handle on the piece than the ACO. I doubt we’ll ever hear a recording of the work based on the Carnegie Hall performance of the latter ensemble. Glad they commissioned it, though!

Danny Burton
    Participant

SOMEBODY GO WITH A TAPE RECORDER!!!

elfmanguy
    Participant

They gotta bring it to Hollywood! They just gotta! Its only logical!

You guys are in for something amazing. I saw it here in New York when it premiered, it was freakin’ incredible!!!

BATMAN
    Participant

it’s actually holds up. I mean I was at the premiere in NY and like a complete geek I was so excited to have met the Maestro and here his first big piece for the concert hall, but I was listening to it the night before last, and it does hold up. It’s not a piece in the concert hall tradtition so much as it is a good soundtrack to some movie playing in his head. I mean, he (and his orchestrators) have only ever written for movies, so there’s no mistaken. I don’t say this with any judgement as it’s a great piece, beautiful, exciting. It’s only a credit to him that he wrote a 40 minute piece that was that good on his first try.

I would really like to hear something without the orchestrators though. I understand he uses the software that helps him write fast, but I have never heard of a composer being commisioned to write an orchestral piece, and then to use orchestrators. No matter. I don’t care if Oingo Boingo wrote it together, it’s good.

ooshmaster
    Participant

How were you listening to it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.