Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Serenada Schizophrana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BigFish
    Participant

Since I heard that this was recorded on the west coast I emailed the Redwood Symphony about it and here is what they said when they responded.

“Hi, Julian:

I have a recording, which I will furnish only to participants in the performance. Otherwise, I’m afraid the publisher, G. Schirmer has expressly forbidden any dissemination of the recording, especially since Danny is apparently going to record the piece with a Belgian orchestra in the next few weeks. You will have to wait your turn to hear it. I will tell you that I hope they cut at least 15 minutes out of the 50-minute work; everybody agreed it was a wonderful piece that wore out its welcome in most of the seven movements :-(

Eric

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Good news about the recording, but who is “everybody” who thought the work was too long?

Ryan

Edward Bloom
    Participant

>>especially since Danny is apparently going to record the piece with a Belgian orchestra in the next few weeks.

Hey, I live there !
    That’s pretty much what I had to say.

Good news…:)

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Belgian, eh? I’d think that he would have gone with the London Symphony Orchestra, as they seem to perform his best stuff. Either way, with or without that additional 15 minutes (although it would be much better with them) I’m going to get the release.

danielwolk
    Participant

I saw it and thought it was too short.

I’m glad there will be another recording because the people on the synths were off, rhythmically a few times throughout the performance.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Awesome news.

BATMAN
    Participant

it is not being recording in Belgium.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

How do you know this?

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Good, because I really want to punch whoever’s using a camera or whatever over and over again in the otherwise enjoyable bootleg Carnegie Hall recording.

BigFish
    Participant

Wait, I need a copy of that bootleg.

Ghost Moth
    Participant

It takes a long time, but now there’s something extra at the beginning.

I heard.

It’s just a little hard to find. Good luck.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

You are the man

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.