Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Serenada Schizophrana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

O…M…F…G. It was INCREDIBLE!!! With every movement, you heard fluorishes of elements from past scores. Included were “Dolores Claiborne”, “To Die For”, “Spider-Man 2”, “Batman”, “Batman Returns”, and “The Hulk”. Attending the premiere concert was a surprise, even to me. It was totally spur of the moment. I didn’t ask my mom if I could go, but then a few hours before showtime I remembered it was today and I said “Hey Mom, theres this concert at Carnegie Hall and with a student ID, I can get in for $10.” She said ok, and half an hour later, I was on the 7 train into the city.

The concert started out pretty nicely actually. The first piece by Manly Romero (ha ha…Manly) was really good. It had nice Spanish touches to it. The second piece by Ingram Marshall. It was good until the electric guitarist missed like 15 of his cues because he dropped his sheet music all over the floor. Then an intermission…ONLY MORE WAITING FOR THE REAL SHOW TO BEGIN!!! Then, that synth started to play, the strings joined in, and for the next twenty minutes, the audience was transported into the mind of Danny Elfman. (Imagine, Romero’s piece was divided into three movements and after each one the audience applauded. During Elfman’s, which was divided into six, nobody made a sound. We were all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear what happened next.)

All I can say is, I feel bad if you missed it because it was a great show. But the best part…HE WAS THERE!!! Elfman got up on stage during his 10 minute standing ovation and watched and thanked us for becoming slaves to his masterful music. The minute he walked out everyone went wild! It was really amazing.

\{You’ve just been slashed.}//

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Elfman got up on stage during his 10 minute standing ovation and watched and thanked us for becoming slaves to his masterful music. The minute he walked out everyone went wild!

Christ.

It’s cool that he’s impressed all those “stuffy” classical listeners.

Katie
    Participant

I doubt most of the people there were true classical listeners . . . probably mostly Elfman fans. About half of my music collection is classical (the rest is film scores) and I still don’t consider myself a true classical listener :-p

guitarfreak
    Participant

o my god

im so jealous i wish i was there!!!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

You’ve made me even more depressed than I already am.

BATMAN
    Participant

The last slash standing: Did you see him outsdie right after the concert? He was being really nice to everyone.

I think most of the crowd (most of the people in my booth) were not classical music fans. But I think I am equally a fan of both. It was great whatever it was and whoever was listening. awesome.

elfmanguy
    Participant

Shit! There better be a CD release of that! If there is no way we could listen to that i will kill myself! Do they usually do CD releases of concert hall stuff?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

They would be sick and insane not to.

BATMAN
    Participant

Well, as it is, I would be surprised if they released this piece on CD. Unless they release a live recording (which they won’t), I don’t imagine anyone is going to front the big money it would cost to record this thing.
    Elfman probably didn’t make any money on this deal, and looking at the three limos pulling away from the Hall and the big after party (it wasn’t Carnegie Hall or the ACO that was paying), I’m guessing he lost money and this thing and just did it as a challenge. To rehearse and record a forty minute piece, it would cost a lot. And unlike a film, it’s not attached to any other marketing. I just don’t see it happening. Hopefully I’m wrong.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Well, thank-heavens you have those bootlegs, right?

BATMAN
    Participant

yeah, workin on it…

Aki
    Participant

hi lucky man !
    you can put your records on the forum for all boingo fans can downoald them ?
    Aki

TenderLumpling
    Participant

yeah, workin on it…

Grazie, kind sir.

admin
    Participant

TenderLumpling Wrote:

tenderLumpling wrote:
    >
    >
    > Grazie, kind sir.

Italian you too?
    italiano anche tu?

>

TenderLumpling
    Participant

italiano anche tu?

Nah, I just like saying “grazie.”

JAYDES
    Participant

So, has anyone been able to follow up a recording of the premiere???

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.