Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Should Elfman just stick to Steve Bartek?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    nemesis1701
    Participant

no, Danny even says it on Pee Wee’s big adventure

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Oh. My mistake.

The first I hear of Shirley conducting Pee-Wee. HOWEVER, there was some other guy conducted Pee-Wee that apparently wasn’t getting along with Danny and Steve. I remember reading about that in a Steve Bartek interview.

johnmullin
    Participant

Shirley Walker was NOT working with Elfman / Bartek at the time of PEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE. If you don’t believe me, look at the end credits of the movie: Lennie Niehaus is credited.

John Coleman conducted the ALBUM of PEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE / BACK TO SCHOOL which was done a couple years later. It was a rerecording. Walker didn’t have anything to do with that either.

johnmullin Wrote:

> Shirley Walker was NOT working with Elfman /
    > Bartek at the time of PEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE. If
    > you don’t believe me, look at the end credits of
    > the movie: Lennie Niehaus is credited.
    >

I believe you! I’ve read the credits and Walker’s name was nowhere to be found!

> John Coleman conducted the ALBUM of PEE WEE’S BIG
    > ADVENTURE / BACK TO SCHOOL which was done a couple
    > years later. It was a rerecording. Walker didn’t
    > have anything to do with that either.

Why did they re-record it? Does it sound any different from the movie version?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Wow, this thread is rampant with misinformation.

1) Shirley Walker was not involved with PEE-WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE in any fashion.
    2) John Coleman conducted the re-recording for the PEE-WEE/BACK TO SCHOOL album in London, to save re-use fees because the original recording was done in L.A.
    3) Lennie Nieheus conducted the film recordings for PEE-WEE and he was by all accounts helpful and did add’tl orchestrations on the score.
    4) Bill Ross conducted BEETLEJUICE. In an interview Steve Bartek said that “the conductor at the beginning” of the project didn’t like Danny or Steve. Whether that conductor was replaced by Bill (now William) Ross or if he was the one with the problem is unknown.

Ryan

nemesis1701
    Participant

are you sure S Walker wasn’t involved?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.