Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Silva Screen: Music From the Films of Tim Burton

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

A new re-recording by Silva Screen Records…

Various -Music from the Films of Tim Burton

· Tim Burton’s career as a director has provided some of the most original and distinctive films in cinema history

· His long working relationship with the musical genius of Danny Elfman is the main subject of this collection of the very best music from his films

· With a collaboration lasting over 25 years, Danny Elfman’s quirky music has more than matched the strange screen worlds of Tim Burton

· Highlights include Breakfast Machine from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Main Title/Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands, Mars Attacks! and Beetlejuice

· Also includes selections from Burton’s most recent film Sweeney Todd, composed by Stephen Sondheim

Tracklisting

1. Main Titles – Sweeney Todd
    2. No Place Like London – Sweeney Todd
    3. A Little Priest – Sweeney Todd
    4. Johanna – Sweeney Todd
    5. Christmas Eve Montage – The Nightmare Before Christmas
    6. The Piano Duet/Victor’s Piano Solo – The Corpse Bride
    7. End Titles – Sleepy Hollow
    8. Themes – Batman
    9. End Titles – Batman Returns
    10. Main Title/Ice Dance – Edward Scissorhands
    11. Finale – Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
    12. Beetlejuice – Beetlejuice
    13. Breakfast Machine – Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
    14. Main Title – Ed Wood
    15. Mars Attacks! – Mars Attacks

Catalogue No. SILCD1261
    Format: CD
    Barcode: 73857 2126124
    Label: SILVA SCREEN
    Street Date: 16/06/2008

boingomusic
    Participant

I’m not really sure what to think about the Sweeney Todd tracks… 15 tracks, and 4 of them from Sweeney Todd??? I don’t get it… The main titles are brilliant, and the songs are good within the movie, but a re-recording of the songs???!!!???

Except these four tracks, I can’t wait to hear these new recordings… Usually, Silva Screen releases are played by the Prague Philarmonic Orchestra, and sometimes, it’s very interesting to hear new versions of music we’ve been listening for years now…

-Eric

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s likely that SWEENEY is featured because it was Burton’s most recent film and still fresh in the minds of the mainstream buyers that these kinds of releases are geared towards.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Yeah. Even the cover looks Sweeny-esque!

The ONLY reason I’d buy this is because its a re-recording. Otherwise I wouldn’t since I own all those scores.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Too bad Big Fish is missing, it would have been interesting to hear their take on that score, even though I don’t like their orchestrations. I found them way too light and “easy-listening”. Therefore, Planet of the Apes’ absence is logic…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.