Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Simpsons Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    strongballs
    Participant

I relize this old news but, I was trying to rember the song that was part of the influence along with The Jetsons theme. I read this on the net. Matt hired Danny and asked him to compose the theme based on these.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

Wait a sec – Danny Elfman wrote the Simpsons theme???

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

No, I did.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Alf Clausen wrote The Simpsons Theme.

Anyhow — the liner-notes on The Simpsons: Songs In The Key Of Springfield, Matt Groening says that a “flavors” tape consisted of “The Jetsons theme, selections from Nino Rota’s Juliet of the Spirts, a Remington electric shaver jingle by Frank Zappa, some easy-listening music by Esquivel, and a teach-your-parrot-to-talk record.”

“Elfman gave it a listen and said ‘I know exactly what you’re talking looking for.'”

That’s all I got.

Kane0rz
    Participant

I think you’l find Danny Elfman did write The Simpsons Theme and Alf Clausen writes the underscore and songs for the actual episodes.

ta ta

Kane

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

you’re too smart for me.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I wonder though : Danny’s original piece has a slightly different orchestration than the current version. It changed around season 4 or 5, I don’t remember. I guess Clausen is behind that modification. Am I wrong ?

By the way, it’s common knowledge that the theme was actually written by John Williams…

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

you guys are too funny.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I did, dammit!!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

By the way, it’s common knowledge that the theme was actually written by John Williams…

Yes, but John Williams the classical guitarist, not the film composer…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.