Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Spider-Man 3’ casting news

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

This is the story many of us have been dying to hear!!!

This explains the goings-on with the train sqeuence; Raimi wanted a beefier score than the original Elfman piece. But what about the other cues? Raimi didn’t think “Appreciation” fit in well with what he was going for? And the close-up swing, he went with tracking from the first movie rather than the already-recorded work that Danny wrote, which is absolutely amazing? And “Aunt May Packs” and “The Goblin Returns?” However, at the beginning of the “Making the Amazing” documentary, Sam Raimi says, “I have no idea if it will work. I’m trusting in all my departments…to make it work. Nothing says it’s working.” Right now, it seems to me that Spider-Man 2 was not very organized. But I still have hope for this reason: Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 were two years apart. Spider-Man 2 and 3 are three years apart. Now, they’ve given themselves a nice cushion of time to work and make sure that everything is working right, and that’s a great idea. Let’s all hope for the best, shall we?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Or we can all bury our heads in the sand and pretend it will happen? :)

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Sam wanted Danny to ape the temp track for the E-train sequence in SPIDER-MAN 2.

Hmm, and when that happens — when a temp track becomes more important than the composer’s score — Danny knows it’s time to leave.

I’m not even sure if Raimi is aware of how much tracking there is.

There’s a part in the DVD commentary when he says “I really love the touching music that Danny did, here,” or something to that effect, and the music is from the first film.

Danny has given a lot to Spider-Man, but how many Spider-Man sequels do you think he’s going to score before it kills him?

Elfman will have so much more freedom with Wilbur Robinson and Charlotte’s Web. It will be better for Elfman, and it will be better for us, as well.

Sean
    Participant

Ryan,
    What I meant by saying do you have a site to back up this information was that do you have a page that has an article or interview that confirms that Danny Elfman is for sure not doing Spiderman 3. I sure hope that he still does a third movie because although he wasn’t treated well he should still do it for his fans and for the movie series. I hope that things between him and Sam will eventually be worked out an in 2.5 years he would be able to score it. I may not be understanding but are you for sure confirming that Danny Elfman is not scoring Spiderman 3? I thank you for putting so much time into replying and making this discussion board meaningful. Thanks, Sean

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Sean — I am relaying this information which I learned in February. I heard it from a solid source and it was later reiterated to me by someone else a few days later (apparently people know I am a huge Elfman fan, so the subject always comes up!).

SP3 is a long way away, and maybe things will change, but the very last thing I want to do is spread rumors and compromise the integrity of my website.

Ryan

Sean
    Participant

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate your huge contribution to this message board. Thank you,
    Sean

Danny Burton
    Participant

From the article he gave the french magazine Cinefonia:

“About Spider-Man 3, Elfman says “Why not? But the conditions will have to be very clear this time.”

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Here’s the full answer :

“It will depend on Sam, on the conclusions we will take about this crazy month (May 2004) and on my wishes for the new movie. If everybody speaks the same language, I might be on Spider-Man 3”.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Is that a translation? It’s terrible.

Ryan

mar2k
    Participant

Just found this site. Huge Spider-Man fan here. The scores from the first two films are in constant rotation in my CD player both at home and in the car. The news that Danny Elfman will not be scoring Spider-Man 3 is devastating news to me.

The scores from SM and SM2 are simply brilliant, full of energy and heart all the way through. To see SM2 re-edited with ALL of Elfman’s work would be a dream come true. To listen to “Train” and “Aunt May Packs” (especially the latter) breaks my heart to know those were not in the movie. To add insult to injury, we get the DVD extras and they are scoring the swinging scene on camera (the one after John Jameson asks MJ to marry him) and its Elfman’s original music and not what was in the film! Making it worse, we even get a glimpse of the cue listing and see what we really missed out on, we even missed out on proper ‘End Titles’ for SM2 (which was one of my favorite tracks off the SM disc) which were on the cue sheet but not used.

Besides the fact we’ll never hear the rest of Danny’s work on SM2, there are is so much music from both movies that I would kill to have on CD without the dialogue – Peter climbing the wall in SM, Peter and MJ at the cafe in SM2, etc. I’m sad that unless there is some sort of all-encompassing Special Edition score down the road for the SM movies we’ll never hear any of it.

I don’t know much about Chris Young so I am trying to keep an open mind. I didn’t know the Hellraiser theme was used until later – I thought that was used to great effect – had actually hoped it was Elfman’s work and would be on the score CD! I just hope he will continue to expand on Elfman’s work from the first two films. It would be awfully depressing to not hear all the familar cues in SM3. Elfman’s music is a HUGE part of the Spider-Man films, I just hope all parties involved in SM3 realize that and respect it, especially Sam Raimi and Chris Young.

This really,really sucks………….:(

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I know you feel…so so much.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘‘Spider-Man 3’ casting news’ is closed to new replies.