Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Spiderman/Blank Man

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OK pardon this post if it was been posted before, but has anyone noticed the exact same melodic theme in both the movies Spider-Man and Blank Man, watch both and see if i am hallucinating!

FFC

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Oh I’m gonna run right down to BLOCKBUSTER and rent BLANK MAN… Oh wait, no I’m not!

Ryan

RCox
    Participant

A writer at Film Score Monthly wrote something about that when Spider-man came out nearly five years ago. I believe it was in one of the print issues, which I have since disposed of, so I’m afraid I can’t pinpoint the exact issue or writer. I’ve never noticed the similarities myself, but I must admit that the late Miles Goodman provided a score at least one hundred times more enjoyable than the garbage film it is attached to. One of my favorite unreleased scores (which tells a lot about my tastes, I’m afraid.).

But now that it’s been brought up, Serenada Schizophrana does blatantly rip-off large sections of the WHITE CHICKS score. Can’t believe Elfman thought he’d be able to get away with it. I sincerely hope he will show enough restraint in the future to not shamefully rob from the rich Wayans canon.

GUNN
    Participant

Sadly….I’m one of the few (or only) that own’s a copy of Blankman. What can I say?……guilty pleasure.

And yes….Blankman’s “sad theme” is VERY similar to Spider-Man’s “responsibility theme”

you wouldn’t notice unless you were really into Elfman’s music.

I NEVER noticed it until “Future Film Composer” made this thread…and I’ve had the movie for years

really GREAT catch, FFC

GUNN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.