Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ on iTunes NOW!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s there a week early…

Standard Operating Procedure – iTunes

Lucius
    Participant

Wow, slow down people…don’t everyone talk at once! I gotta say this is some really gorgeous and interesting stuff. This first track alone is, to quote Ryan, “something special’. You can tell Danny was inspired by one of his heroes Phillip Glass, but there is some really great original stuff from the lad. In re: to the Serenada tracks, they are some very good arrangements of the previous work…it’s not just a cut and paste job. My favorite being ‘Photos’ which is a take on the ‘Improv for Alto Sax’ cue; really great stuff.

I’m sure a few of your will find something to complain about, but I for one am happy. It’s great knowing that the flood gates have opened on the Summer of Elfman ’08.

-Lucius

docpotato
    Participant

This is, to my mind, the best Elfman score since Sleepy Hollow. If it weren’t for the cues written for Serenada, I’d say this is his year to win that Oscar (as it is, I’m not sure if it would be disqualified for having too much previously written material in the score).

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Someone want to post some awesome clipz?

D-Bo
    Participant

Crap. Barely resisting the urge to buy it from iTunes instead of waiting for my pre-ordered copy. Not that it wouldn’t be worth it.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

For a proper listen, I’ll just wait for the CD. I can’t wait to hear it, though.

BLD379
    Participant

I’ve been looking forward to “Hellboy” and “Wanted,” and was kind of up in the air about this one. But I’m glad I bought it. It’s gorgeous and moody, and one of his most mature scores. The adaptations of “Serenada” are minimal, too. It seems like mostly new music. Good stuff.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Er, try the iTunes link. There’s samples from every track.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Really? Doesn’t show up for me. DOH!

D-Bo
    Participant

Just got my copy in the mail this morning. Might give a more detailed evaluation later, but for now, I’m gonna say it’s by far the best I’ve heard from him since Serenada Schizophrana, and the best film score from him since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Other thoughts?

RCox
    Participant

I agree 100% with the above statement.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, this is exactly the kind of music that I expected post-Sereneda. Both Charlotte’s Web and The Kingdom were hard for me to fully digest, but this music reminds me of what I love about Elfman. I’ll be listening to this one for a long time…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.