Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tales From the Crypt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aaron3579
    Participant

Can anyone help me find a score of the Tales from the Crypt Theme (1989)? I’m looking to buy the original, as written, un-watered down orchestral score. Not a piece of a medley and not something that has been fooled with (arranged for concert band or something) by anyone. I’m looking for a score that says “Elfman” in the corner, and I don’t want the words “arranged by [some hack]” anywhere on it.

johnmullin
    Participant

There’s a TALES FROM THE CRYPT album that has the original recording that Elfman did with the Symphonia of London (recorded on the last day of the BATMAN sessions). The recording presented there is a much longer version of the theme. There is also the recording available on MUSIC FOR A DARKENED THEATER vol 1, a shorter arrangment done in the same session with the Symphonia.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

He is looking for the written down score, John.

They probably do not have a copy of the original manuscript because of copyright stuff so they only thing u can only find is the stuff that people arrange themselves. If you know of anything different then please let us know.

FFC

Dawg Man
    Participant

It will be hard to find the written score I think. I don’t even think it’s published. If you want Elfman’s written, un-fooled-around-with score, you’d have to pull a film score analyst’s “card” and go searching through the archives of Twentieth Century Fox. That’s probably too much trouble though.

aaron3579
    Participant

Well, I guess I could just write my own score by listening to the track. I’ve taken on similar projects (only one full orchestra score, though) in the past. Let me tell you, it’s a pain in the ass, but it looks like that’s what is going to have to happen. I can’t seem to find a published score anywhere, and after having contacted the producers of TFTC, I’ve been given the impression that what I’m looking for simply isn’t available. Thanks anyway, though. : )

ooshmaster
    Participant

…and I don’t want the words “arranged by [some hack]” anywhere on it.

Lol, well said!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.