Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Terminator Sequel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

McG recently gave an interview to MTV where he said that a sequel to Terminator: Salvation will definitely happen if the movie is a success. Actually…not one sequel but TWO. Think Elfman will stick around?

RCox
    Participant

Right now, I just wanna know what label is releasing the Salvation score.

warner bros?

Nick Parker
    Participant

Indeed, I am more concerned with the quality that Terminator: Salvation’s score release will get. And I have a feeling that those sequels will come about… “if this film is successful”? This film will probably make more than the third Jaws film, and if that piece of garbage could get a sequel, so can this money-making machine (all applicable puns intended). And Danny Elfman would be the only reason I would not think of protesting those sequels when they inevitably surface…well, unless Steven Spielberg directs one.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

And Danny Elfman would be the only reason I would not think of protesting those sequels when they inevitably surface…well, unless Steven Spielberg directs one.

Yes, I can think of nothing worse than a new John Williams score. :)

Nick Parker
    Participant

Oh, I knew I should have not included that phrase. Hm, A John Williams Terminator score…sounds a bit “far-fetched”, but I am convinced that the man can write anything, now.

You guys are being a little harsh on this movie. It looks decent and Christian Bale is in it. Christian Bale!!!

elfboy91
    Participant

Yeah… I lost excitement for Christian Bale when he cussed out his DP… Sure I could make a concession right now but why waste my time… He’s a good actor and all… but for me… he won’t every really sell a movie…

….

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Christian Bale was best as Bateman (no not Batman) in American Psycho, probably because it was a character he could most relate to.

elfboy91
    Participant

Ha… yeah.. I read that fast! I thought you said Batman.. Thanks for putting the extra note there… Bale is my least favorite Batman BTW! That’s right! Adam West is hire on my list!

But the new movies are super!

Nick Parker
    Participant

Hm, worst? I must say, George Clooney seemed a lot like Sylvester Stallone in that one film….

johnmullin
    Participant

I have mixed feelings. I think Clooney might have been an okay Batman if the tone of the film had been way different. He was probably directed to bring his fun swagger and natural charisma to the performance, which of course he did.

Kilmer, though, was sort of a blank for me. His portrayal of Batman was dark, certainly, but as Bruce Wayne he was really a cypher. Like Clooney, I think he could have had a better performance in him as well, but I somewhat blame the uneven tone of the movie. On one hand, they wanted to keep a little of the dark edge the previous two movies had under Tim Burton, but on the other, they let the Jim Carrey component kind of bulldoze everything else in the second half.

I think Bale is a fine Batman, if not a muted one. He’s still not the best. I think you’ve got to give that to Adam West! But I think he gets the character and is able to make it believable. Of course, he’s got an excellent director and some good script material to work with too.

elfboy91
    Participant

Yeah! It’s really the eyes that do it for me! That’s why Keaton was good! Also, probably at the Top of my list would be Kevin Conroy from the Animated series! That voice is the best! Bale should take lessons from him!

Being off topic is fun! :)

RCox
    Participant

Soundtrack on May 19th from Warner Bros. No other info…

$19 seems a bit over-priced.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Wait until the listing firms up. The price will go down.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.