Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Beatles Influence of Danny Elfman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

We know Danny like the Beatles since he covered “I Am the Walrus” on the last Oingo Boingo album. Still, I think the influence goes deeper than that. Which is surprising since he barely talks about them. Or atleast based on the interviews I’m familiar with.

Recently I purchased the remastered version of The White Album and was listening to the track, “Wild Honey Pie” and it is EXTREMELY Elfman-esque. I know Ryan hates people to post YouTube videos but we can make an exception this one time since it’s educational:

boingomusic
    Participant

Hmmmm. Interesting, I had never heard that song before. Wow, the guitar chords at 0:05 remind me of the Boingo song “Vultures”. Very elfman-esque indeed. Or maybe elfman was beatl-esque ;-)

Or Paul McCartney-esque.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Was this post-jumped the shark Beatles?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Oh yeah, a little bit of Face Like A Frog and Pee-wee’s Playhouse there.

Thor
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

> Was this post-jumped the shark Beatles?

Say what now?

DannyBiker
    Participant

The Rolling Stones jumped the shark several times. With a 10-12 years’ career and at least five albums that became History, I just don’t see when it happened for The Beatles…

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

It didn’t. The Beatles influenced everybody!

The Beatles never jumped the shark. They actually got better with time.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I never liked them after they got all funky and stupid, sorry!

:(

Thor
    Participant

So “jumped the shark”, I assume, is an English idiom. Does it mean something like “lost it”?

TenderLumpling
    Participant
    Natrebo
    Participant

I think the Beatles got more interesting as they grew older because they started experimenting with their sound… I love bands that can create a new entire sound world for each song, I guess that’s why my favorite band is They Might Be Giants.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.