Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “The Little Things” has a Russian version sang by Elfman as well.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

SHH!: How do you think “Wanted” will play in Russia compared to your previous films?

Bekmambetov: I think it will be huge in Russia. People will like it, because we made a special Russian edition of the movie. The studio supported me to make it, because I think it’s a good case and also one of the unique achievements of this project. There are a lot of foreign directors in Hollywood, and they have to make their own national versions because it’s the way how the Hollywood movies can be culturally adapted and it’s fun maybe even for American people to see the Russian version of the movie, too, because the Russian version of the movie has a different soundtrack, and Danny Elfman, he wrote a song for the movie and because I found that he speaks Russian, he sang the Russian version of the song. Also, there’s a lot of CG shots made uniquely for the Russia and the adaptation of the movie, the translation, was made by Sergei Lukyanenko, who wrote “Night Watch” and “Day Watch.” In this case, it’s quite a unique original movie and James McAvoy—remember the last scene in the movie?—in the Russian version, he made a separate take and said his line in Russian.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/wantednews.php?id=7355

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Oh, man. I gotta’ get my hands on that. Elfman speaks Russian? No shit?

Alex from Belarus
    Participant

AAAA!!! Elfman speaks Russian! I`m sooo exited!

gaba
    Participant

Haha, I HAVE to hear this. Quite fab.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So does anyone know how one would obtain this version i.e. will there be a Russian release of the soundtrack? I’ve been looking around the interwebs, but I can’t seem to find anything.

SunshineKat
    Participant

I listened to an interview with Elfman (http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=1675), and apperantly he doesn’t speak Russian. He had to learn how to sing that song in Russian.. rofl.

Also, I have been looking for the Russian version of The Little Things and I can’t seem to find anything. Can someone help?

liquid_sound
    Participant

He has some Russian in his blood, so they asked him to do it cuz of that, most likely. *shrug* I’m sure he knows a few little phrases in Russian, if he can’t speak it fluently.

SunshineKat
    Participant

Ah, I see.

If he was all Russian I would end up stalking him ’til he would get a restraining order against me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.