Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Unknown Known: The Life and Times of Donald Rumsfeld.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    digarflo
    Participant

Errol Morris documentary.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Yeah this is official.

Danny Elfman

DannyBiker
    Participant

Great, SOP was fantastic…

Monsterhead
    Participant

Excellent news! Where’s the “like” option when you need one?

Lambegue
    Participant

That’s good news !
    S.O.P was quite an unusual score…Very cold in a way. Well that’s not exactly that, but I don’t know how to express this feeling correctly. It was excellent, for sure.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Recorded in Germany?

Shie Rozow
    Scoring for The Unknown Known begins in a few hours in Germany. I’m here in LA. Looking forward to getting all the materials once the recordings are done.

http://www.shierozow.com/the_news.html

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant
    Thor
    Participant

Yeah, I like what I’m hearing.

More of the delicious, Glass-like minimalism we heard in STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE — which, incidentally, is one of my favourite Elfmans in the last 10 years.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Yep, Standard Operating Procedure has grown on me immensely since 2008. Underrated documentary too, if a little hard to watch at times.

ddddeeee
    Participant

In news that will surprise nobody, the documentary is getting raves plusVariety called the score ‘superb’.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Last night Morris said that although scores for Best Documentary Feature don’t qualify for Oscars, ‘this film will change that’.

lonzoe
    Participant

Oh wow! Now I’m definitely curious about this score. I hope Morris is right about it’s oscar chances.

Lambegue
    Participant

Any information about a release of this score ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

The film hasn’t been released nor is there any news of a release. Wouldn’t expect a score release until the film is out.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m curious as to why the score wasn’t eligible for an Oscar nomination? I never would have expected it to get nominated but other scores for documentaries are eligible.

Lambegue
    Participant

To be oscar eligible, a movie must have some caracteristics : one of them is to be released”For paid admission in a commercial motion picture theater in Los Angeles County”, and this for at least seven consecutive days. It’s not the case, for what I know, with The Unknown Known for the moment being…So Elfman’s score is not eligible, sadly.
    Maybe next year, if it is finally released

ddddeeee
    Participant

Ah yes, that makes sense. I don’t expect it to get award attention but was just curious.

Unfortunately The Unknown Known didn’t make the Best Documentary shortlist so the release probably isn’t coming anytime soon, which in turn would delay a CD of the score.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Trailer features Elfman score and it sounds terrific. It’s being released in April so hopefully a score release around then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbz9I-x00RY

ddddeeee
    Participant

Listen to a full track!

Danny Elfman

Monsterhead
    Participant

Very nice. Hard to get the full impact without seeing the film, but I’m sure I’ll love the whole thing when I see/hear it.

Lambegue
    Participant

A bit the same kind of atmosphere as in Standard Operating Procedure, a score that I like a lot…I’m more and more curious about this one !

dr.giggles
    Participant

Any way to watch this? If not now, eta? Netflix, amazon, itunes, etc?

Lambegue
    Participant

The movie is not out yet, it will be quite soon.

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s out at the beginning of next month, doesn’t looks like we’ll be getting a CD release right away though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.