Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Vote Danny Best Modern Day Composer: Deadline Sunday November 27.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ghost Moth
    Participant

XM Satellite radio’ s First Annual XM Nation Awards.

Vote Here: http://www.xmradio.com/xmnation/selectneighborhood.jsp?neighborhoodid=17

Danny was not nominated by the programming staff for best soundtrack of the year
    –of which I personally believe Charlie and the Chocolate factory deserves recognition for.

But you can make an impression by voting Danny Elfman Best modern Day Composer.
    The other two nominees are Mr. John Williams and…
    Howard Shore.

Show some love, in the past Danny was all too often ignored or forgotten,
    so with Charlie not being nominated for Best Soundtrack I definitely voted Revenge of the Sith Best Score of the three nominated and Mr. Elfman Best Modern Day Composer.

The other nominations for Best Soundtrack were Crash (Mark Isham)
    and Kingdom of Heaven(Harry Gregson Williams Etcetera).

Progress Report: Since this was originally posted this (Saturday) afternoon Danny has taken John Williams lead, turning a five-point deficit into a two-point lead for Danny Elfman. I’ve posted this notice for Elfman fans on other sites as well.

Sunday Morning: Today, November 27, is the last day for voting. Elfman fans gave him an incredible 14 point lead Saturday night, with 51% of the votes.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

46%! WhooHoo! He’s gonna’ win.

Phoe_Elfman
    Participant

52%!!!

mootum
    Participant

I JUST voted before the voting ended, and Elfman was at 53%! Way to go, Elfman!! (and his fans!)

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Excellent response from the fans. I found out that early on Danny was in third place!

They will officially announce the winners on Monday, December 5th.

Williams always had the advantage, and in the album category Sith had a huge margin of victory with 57%. So it definitely made a difference that we voted this weekend and brought Danny from 5 points behind John Williams to 15 points in front for Best Modern Day Composer. It took alot of voters to make those numbers move!

chocothrax
    Participant

Lucky that all the people at JWFan didn’t notice this otherwise Danny wouldn’t have won.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Can someone record the announcement for those without XM radio?

Thor
    Participant

Well, seriously, what is XM Satelitte Radio anyway? It’s certainly not a station I’ve heard about where I live (in Norway) and I’m sure it’s pretty esoteric in the US as well. So how much of a difference does such a vote really make?

Hmmm…then again, I’ve never really understood the fascination with internet polls, so there you go.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Satellite radio is pretty much to standard radio what cable was to network television. You pay for a subscription and you get commercial-free, uncensored (I think) broadcasts. I don’t have XM, Sirius, or whatever else is available, nor will I be getting it in the near future, but if anything I’d have to get Sirius on account of Howard Stern going there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.