Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion VSL Symphonic Cube Vs. EWQL Symphonic Platinum Pro XP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aLfR3dd
    Participant

oh my god guys…did u see the new Symphonic cube Library from vsl??? it’s amazing….over 550 gb of samples!!! and see the price too…. :| do u think ewql Platinum pro XP can do well as that? i saw a lot of new articulations that ewql doesn’t have……….and ….for film music …do u think that ewql is good ?? Which one uses danny? tnx sorry for my english

Knight
    Participant

Hmm, might not be the place for this discussion. Your best bet is to find somewhere to test them to see if they fit what YOU want to do with them. Also, Elfman probably has and both, but I have no idea what he uses for his mock-ups.

Knight

Thor
    Participant

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. :)

aLfR3dd
    Participant

i’m talking about the two best virtual orchestras ….for mock-ups…

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

VSL is king, in my opinion. I got very aroused when I found out about the new VSL Symphonic edition. EWQL is good, but not nearly as awesome as VSL and its capabilities.

aLfR3dd
    Participant

yeah…..vsl is amazing…and now they found how to use less ram when loading samples so that’s great….but 550 gb of library and 10.000 $ for the complete orchestra……..who is gonna buy it?!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hahahahah, people who can afford it, I guess.

chocothrax
    Participant

Aaahhhhhhhhhh don’t forget about Sonic Implants orchestra. Best commercially available strings are in there. At the price that VSL symphonic cube is at it would make more sense to me to get some people together and spend that cash on recording a custom sample library.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hmmmm, I don’t know about that. It depends on taste, I guess, but I think the best overall strings are in the VSL package. Performance is everything to getting a realistic sound.

chocothrax
    Participant

Yeah i’m more into a warm string sound. My VSL violins are kinda sterile and cold.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.