Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Wanted’ vid contest, catch Elfman’s eye!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hi folks, you might be wondering about that new fangeled banner up there for WANTED. What’s it all about?

RealNetworks/Rhapsody have put together a custom video/audio mashup contest which launched Thursday. Users can create their own music video using supplied snippets and the film’s feature track “The Little Things” composed by Danny Elfman. Submissions are due by June 24. The site also incorporates a voting feature to determine the finalists. And here’s the cool part: Danny Elfman will personally pick the winner whose video will be featured on the DVD!

Go here to create your video: http://www.rhapsodyextras.com/wanted/

Check out the cool intro video from Danny. Post here if you enter. And good luck!

Ryan

boingomusic
    Participant

Oh… god… I just spent more than 3 hours, and I was pretty happy with the result, but I didn’t know you cannot submit your video if you’re not from the US… So, my whole work is gone… It’s too bad you can’t even save your work… And the worst thing is : you can’t preview a specific part of the video. So, if you’re mixing the end of the video, you have to replay the whole song to finally preview that part…. !!!!

All this for nothing… I’m pretty depressed…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, thank you boingomusic, you saved me a LOT of time. I feel sorry for you though…:-s

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Yes, the process is very hard to say the least!! I spent some time putting a video together but couldn’t finish. It’s an endurance test!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

That editor is just about useless!

boingomusic
    Participant

So, imagine, guys, how frustrated I am, after finishing something I was pretty proud of, not to be able to suscribe because I’m not american…. :-(

gaba
    Participant

Don’t worry too much. I did exactly what you did, I had a large part of fthe video ready, when I read your post. Thanks for saving me some time, still. (I’m from Poland).
    Blast it. Mine kicked ass (*pats herself on shoulder*). It really does suck. But so does the mixing software. I’d much rather they gave us clips to download and mix by ourselves in a Windows Movie Maker or the like…

Anonymous
    Inactive

is there a deadline for this? I e-mailed just after the site came out with it and got nothing back.

editing software in a browser. eeh, nervous about putting my foot in the water on this one..

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Did ya read my initial post? I don’t think you did…

June 24th is the deadline.

Anonymous
    Inactive

my bad. broken eyeballs here. thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

its up! Page 2, second one – “The Little Things”

was pretty much editing the end blind with the site glitches.. my few transitions are misplaced too, and unfortunately the end abruptly cuts rather than fading like the editor had played. oh well. being used to Final Cut Pro, this was a twisted endurance test, for sure!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.