Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion What should I do? – 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This is the same person who wrote previously on how to start composing with some software. I really want, now that Mr. Dantz has pointed out, the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition. I still don’t really understand what a plug-in is which this is. I would like a short list of things that I would need in order to get this program to work and where I could find them. I really want to know what exactly I need to get this “plug-in” working and starting to compose soon. Thanks a lot!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Do you have a sequencer yet? Do you plan on using a keyboard to play the samples into the sequencer? These the first things you should consider. If you plan on using a keyboard, you’ll need a soundcard that supports midi in/out, and a keyboard that supports midi in/out (Check out the “Echo” brand midi soundcards. I’ve got the “Mia Midi” and it’s great, and pretty inexpensive, too). Also, you’re going to need a sequencer, there’s no doubt about that, so you should do some research on sequencers first and decide which one you want. I suggest Cakewalk Sonar (the one I use), Logic, or Cubase. EWQLSO will plug in to any sequencer that supports VSTi or DXi plugins, so there’s really almost no worry about that.

Anonymous

I guess that I would want a keyboard and I don’t have a sequencer either. I would also then I guess need a soundfont to support the keyboard right? Okay so are these the three things that I would need to add on to the silver edition orchestra plug in and then I would be able to compose music;
    -keyboard
    -sequencer
    -sondfont for keyboard

If this is right or if I just need more please give the exact websites of where I can find this things for a resonable price. Thanks so much!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Well, I really think you should do your homework and find some stuff out for yourself. You are obviously very new to this, so you shouldn’t get in a hurry and rush your decisions. I don’t know what kind of computer you’ve got, either, so I don’t know how well this stuff will handle on your machine. Also, you need a soundCARD that supports midi in/out and a keyboard that has a midi in/out option as well, not a soundFONT (SoundFONTS are samples for the SoundBlaster Live soundcard). This way, you can play your samples (EWQLSO) on your machine through your keyboard. You use your sequencer to record and manipulate the midi notes you play through the keyboard …

Just hear me out and do some serious research before you start to buy anything. http://www.soniccontrol.com <- this is a good place to find stuff out about digital recording. There are many sites out there with information like this, so look for them! :)

Anonymous

Mr.Dantz,
    Thanks for that information! By the way I have been doing a lot of research it’s just that I am new at this and so I was seeking the advice from here so that I would know what to do because just finding different things on the internet just doesn’t help all that much unless you know where to put them and use them. I think that pretty much I know what I need to get through your information and websites. I really appreciate the information for me because I am extremely new at composing but want to start and just do different tunes using the sequencer and other things. I will use your site to find out more information. If you have any other information or tips that would be very helpful but if you don’t that’s okay too because I think that you have done more than your share of work and I can get the right things from what you have said. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.