Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Why do people dislike Dick Tracy so much?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I thought it was a fun score. Its not his best nor is it his worst. Its right in the middle, I think!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Who dislike’s Dick Tracy?

KWashi
    Participant

I think it’s a great score! Short, but good. Everytime I listen to it I wonder why I don’t listen to it more…..and everytime the “Crime Spree” track comes on I have to hit the repeat button, hahaha.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I think it’s a great score! Short, but good. Everytime I listen to it I wonder why I don’t listen to it more…..and everytime the “Crime Spree” track comes on I have to hit the repeat button, hahaha.

Me too, I love it when Elfman does his big band stuff, i.e., Corpse Bride, Chicago, Oogie Boogie’s music, so on.

Lucius
    Participant

I too have to agree on the thoughts behind “Crime Spree”. One of my top 5 Elfman tracks ever. Dick Tracy is an absolutely magnificent score. I can’t even begin to tell you how obsessed I was with it at one point of my younger years. That “Showdown/Reunited” track is breathtaking. So lush and vibrant, just sweeping with emotion. Hell, I’m gonna go listen to it right now. Thanks for the reminder.

Lucius

Nice to see others who like it. I know people who dislike it. Heck, even the guy who writes reviews for this site wasn’t too crazy about the score.

elfmanguy
    Participant

I like it just fine! I especially like the theme that plays everytime Flattop and Itchy show up! So sinister and gangster-y!

Ryan P
    Participant

Since you mentioned Dick Tracy, the main titles theme plays in the Hollywood section of Disney’s California Adventure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.