Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion X-Men 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SleepyHello
    Participant

Keep in mind that this is a rumor, and could be completely untrue, but I heard that Brett Ratner might possibly be the director for X-Men 3 now that Matthew Vaughn is off the project.

You do the math.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

No way…
    I’m pretty sure Danny won’t be a part of this for 2 reasons :

– Superheroes again !
    – Two previous composers already established the films’ musical style and I don’t think Danny would accept to follow their work; there are B-list or young composers for that.

If he ends up composing for this film, there would be only one reason for that : $.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I just read about this at Defamer and came over to post and dammit, SleepyHello is on the ball!

Remember that Ratner alternates between Schifrin and Elfman. And that Elfman’s schedule is pretty much loaded this year. X3 is positioned to hit theaters next summer (unrealistically it seems) — he may not even have time to score it.

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Of course, having Danny score X3 would be absolutely fantastic, but I was really fond of John Ottman’s score for X2 and I’d like to hear what else he has to offer. I know I’ve read that he was hoping he’d be hired to score it because he had a lot fo themes which he wanted to build upon. The concept that thrills me the most is that of Brett Ratner directing the film. I wasn’t too thrilled when Matthew Vaughn was attached because his lack of experience. I love Brett Ratner’s directing style. Let’s face it, he makes good movies. “Red Dragon,” “Rush Hour” 1 and 2, “Family Man,” he’s good. Let’s just remember, John Moore is also in the running, although I’m hoping he doesn’t get the job. I didn’t see “Flight of the Phoenix” but I did see his “Behind Enemy Lines,” and it’s just mediocre directing. GO RATNER! AND POSSIBLY DANNY TOO!

mike
    Participant

holy shit man you’re right elfman could be doing it huh
    yeah that’ll be sweet if it ratner actually gets his hands on the project.
    i think he’s doing rush hour 3 or something

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

No comment on Ratner.

Ryan

SleepyHello
    Participant

Yeah, truth be told I don’t really care much for Ratner as a director. My question is, after Corpse Bride and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, what does Danny have to do? I’m not about to go to the IMDB to check that out..

But it seems like the timing would be perfect for him to score X-Men 3. I’m not familiar with anything else he’s attached too after those two movies, and it seems obvious to me that he’d be done scoring those while X-Men 3 would still be filming.

Then again, what do I know? I’m just wishful thinking right now.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

He’s been officially attached to the live-action “Charlotte’s Web” and the Disney CG-animated “A Day with Wilbur Robinson.” That’s 4 on his slate right now, and rumors have been popping up that he may squeeze in Spider-Man 3.

Thor
    Participant

To be honest, I’d MUCH rather hear a Lalo Schifrin superhero score than yet another one by Elfman.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

It’s official: Brett Ratner’s helming X-Men 3. Funny how it turned out. He originally wanted X-Men, but Bryan Singer got it. Then he was in charge of Superman, and Bryan Singer got that too. So now he finally gets his hands on the X-Men franchise. I’d honestly laugh if Bryan Singer hurried to finish Superman so he could do X-Men 3 (although I love the way he handled those movies). I can’t wait to see what Ratner has in store for the mutants, directorally and musically. Although I’m sure Ryan’s not so thrilled.

Donnie_Darko88
    Participant

Aint-It-Cool-News is confirming that Lalo Schifrin will be doing the music as well.

Fox chum
    Participant

wait…there is going to be an x-men 3???? I thought there would be no more…that would be sweet!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.