Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Zimmer as Elfman’s Arranger

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RCox
    Participant

Soundtrack.net has posted its third part of an interesting interview with Hans Zimmer. In it, he briefly discusses his involvement in the upcoming Simpsons Movie…

The other film you’re working on is The Simpsons, which a lot of people are curious about, since there are 18 years of television leading up to this.

I know. I kept sort of saying “I think I’m the wrong guy,” but everybody who is working on the movie has worked with me at some point, and they all sort of ganged up on me! But my take on this is that I really love Danny Elfman’s title tune, so I thought, let me be Danny’s arranger, let me see what I can do with his tune. And then I can phone up Danny and ask him to come and listen to what I’ve done with his tune, and if he thinks it’s horrible, I’ll go and fix it! I think it will be an interesting experiment.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Haha. I had the opportunity to interview Hans Zimmer and I actually think he’s a really cool, talented guy.

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Is he really? For some reason, I got the impression he was just an overly arrogant hack who took all credit for things he didn’t do. Must be those nasty rumors again.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

One name : Alf Clausen…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Remember, word was that Elfman didn’t write his own music, etc. Hollywood is a vicious, jealous town… Particularly if you enjoy phenomenal success!

Ryan

Dawg Man
    Participant

I’ve had time to mull it all over, listening to my Hannibal and Gladiator CDs a few times in the process, and — believe it or not — am kind of lightening up to this (and remember I’m the one who started that petition to get Elfman on the project). So overall, I think if Elfman scored the Simpsons movie it would have still been a better choice… but Zimmer can do amazing things when he uses orchestra souly. I expect that’s what he’ll do with this so I’m hoping it will be interesting.

Maybe he’ll even pull a Batman Begins type thing and pull Elfman in as a collaborator. That would be kick-ass.

RCox
    Participant

I still wish Alf Clausen got this film. He’s earned it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.