Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Corpse Bride’ & “Chocolate Factory’ Score Info

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Donnie_Darko88
    Participant

Ove4r at http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com , they’ve got a set visit up for “Corpse Bride”. There were a few tidbits scattered through the article about the music of Danny Elfman in both “Corpse Bride” and “Chocolate Factory”. Here’s the highlights.

– (regarding a scene that was shown) This was the first new bit of Danny Elfman’s score that I heard, and the way it races through a whole range of emotions so nimbly is impressive, and by the end of the piece, the Corpse Bride’s hand runs up and down the keys, disconnected from her arm, carried away by the music.

– As I discussed that presentation reel with Allison earlier, we talked about how much I love it when Danny Elfman actually sings in a film. Johnson and I also talked about CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, where Elfman performs the Oompa-Loompa songs (“I hear there’s one musical number where there are 10,000 Ooompa Loompas singing and dancing at once,” Johnson said), and they told me that there are actually four new songs in CORPSE BRIDE. One is performed by Helena Bonham Carter, one is performed by Victoria’s parents, and one is sung by Jane Horrocks (LITTLE VOICE) as Black Widow and by Maggot, who channels Peter Lorre as he does. That fourth song sound like one of the key pieces of the film, though, the backstory of how the Corpse Bride died in the first place, as performed by Elfman as a character named Bonejangles. Johnson asked Lucas to bring the scene up on the Avid, and we watched the rough version that exists right now, complete with storyboards and unfinished animation. It’s a classic Elfman moment, and the Corpse Bride’s backstory is very sad. You’ll feel for her once you see why she was out there, alone, in the middle of the woods, wearing a wedding dress and dead.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=20000

ooshmaster
    Participant

Übercool!

Aki
    Participant

So there are songs in Corpse Bride…Cool ! And Elfman sings !! I can’t wait anymore…I have to hear a little piece of his new score…

JS
    Participant

Wow! I want to see and listen Corpse Bride. I think Corpse Bride its like TNBC, and the music is a mix of The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and Batman Returns.

Danny Burton
    Participant

OMG, can you imagine if one of the Corpse Bride songs is nominated for an Oscar and Danny gets to sing it on stage?

:: Dies ::

SleepyHello
    Participant

if that were to happen, it would probably be Beyonce singing.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Too true, Sleepy. If he were nominated for best song, would he even show up? He wasn’t at last year’s awards, though for good reason because he was nominated in a LOTR year. Still, thinking about this new music and these new songs gives me a tingling feeling inside. I can’t wait!!!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Ha — like Danny will be nominated. Still… you never know.

Anyhow, hearing that Corpse Bride will have four songs — one sung by Danny himself — makes me so happy.

I’m guessing that this will be one of Danny’s best years in quite some time.

On a side note, what are Elfman’s best years? I say:

’90
    ’94
    ’96
    ’02

1990 is definitely his best year, 1997, and 2002 follow.

JS
    Participant

My favourite is 1990 the best years of my life, now i’m 15. I was born in 90’s.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I get it now.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

80’s chile representing! Maybe it was ’89, but that was the year of the Dark Knight, was it not? I was born in time to have been alive when it came out.

JS
    Participant

Now i was born 1990, 11 January.

ooshmaster
    Participant

Woah, you’re a day older than me.

Hey i was born the year danny started, 1985…Just thought i would throw that in!

FFC

boingomusic
    Participant

Wait Wait Wait… You’re wrong…

I WAS BORN the year it all started : 1980 !!!! Yes, Remember, The Forbidden Zone!!!

Boingomusic

ooshmaster
    Participant

I was born on a full moon….ooooohhhhhhh! Spooky!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.